• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tracing money transfers from 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracing money transfers from 2009

can a bank give me information on 'transfers' that took place on an old joint acct. I want to find out which companies the money transfers went too.

thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: tracing money transfers from 2009

You could try a subject access request which would result in the bank sending you the last 6 years of statements that they hold for the account.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

i already have a copy of the bank statement for the day the transfers took place, but it only shows as a transfer and i need to find out which companies the money went too.

Comment

Originally posted by stormlady View Post
        i already have a copy of the bank statement for the day the transfers took place, but it only shows as a transfer and i need to find out which companies the money went too.
        I'm sure I answered this one on another thread but ask the bank for a trace as to where the money has gone to.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

what if it has been online banking transfers, there are no banking slips that are used within the bank to prove where the funds went.

Comment

what if it has been online banking transfers, there are no banking slips that are used within the bank to prove where the funds went.
            The bank should have electronic records of payments made from an account to another, ie account numbers and sort code.

So again, ask the bank..... unlike on the television there is very rarely any transaction that cannot be traced and it's only from 2009 not 1969

Comment

ok thanks.

sorry to keep asking questions but its important info im trying to locate.

how do i then find out the company name of where the acct number and sort code relate too. i do have a rough idea of where the money went but i need it down in black and white for my lawyer.

Comment

Ok, first of all what does the narrative say on the bank statement? Does it simply say "online payment" or does it give a narrative so as to give a clue as to the payee?

Comment

all it gives is the word 'transfer', the date and the amount. no more details and of course these r the details i need. been into the bank and theyve requested any bank vouchers, that what they called them, for the date the monies left the acct.

Comment

all it gives is the word 'transfer', the date and the amount. no more details and of course these r the details i need. been into the bank and theyve requested any bank vouchers, that what they called them, for the date the monies left the acct.
                    They may be looking at a transfer between accounts possibly. It sounds like the bank are looking into this. Have they given you a timescale for a response?

Comment

If you have the sort code and account number then go into the bank, fill in a deposit slip for £1 then hand it to the cashier, ask them to confirm it has gone through to the account and ask them for the name of the person or company that received it and they should tell you.

Comment

yeah they said around 1 week. im desperate to find out the details as its part of a divorce and my future finances.

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
                          If you have the sort code and account number then go into the bank, fill in a deposit slip for £1 then hand it to the cashier, ask them to confirm it has gone through to the account and ask them for the name of the person or company that received it and they should tell you.
                          They will not do this as it is a breach of Data Protection Act 1998. When I worked as a cashier I could only confirm that information providing you asked me if the name of the account was x y or z and if it was not then I would not be stating who's account it was.

Comment

so if i gave the name of the person who i know had the account, they could tell me the company name??

im not sure if im getting confused now

the debt/accounts that was paid by these transfers are now closed.

does that make a difference?? i know they were barclaycard, a car finance company and possibly a bank credit card.

Comment

so if i gave the name of the person who i know had the account, they could tell me the company name??

im not sure if im getting confused now

the debt/accounts that was paid by these transfers are now closed.

does that make a difference?? i know they were barclaycard, a car finance company and possibly a bank credit card.
                              Ok, if the account is closed ie that it is going into a limited company account and NOT a credit card of finance company then they can only confirm that the company name is x or y based on you asking the question. IF the money went into a barclaycard account or car finance company or bank credit card then NO cashier could confirm the name but the bank if they are tracing the payments can provide details of the card number where the money went to. Does that make sense?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X