• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ian Jnr v HSBC ***Settled***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Jnr v HSBC ***Settled***

Hmmm thought I had posted this one but obviously not

I am in big trouble here guys!!!!

I started a claim for my son way back, had 2 offers, 2nd lower than the first so I talked him out of accepting it and we filed an N1 locally, received the banks defence (usual rubbish) and an AQ, completed and duly returned (deadline was 8th May).

GOt a letter from the court yeaterday, they have given HSBC until 30th to return their AQ, what is the fffflipping point of setting deadlines???!!!!???

Anyway as you can imagine, son isn't over the moon coz he hasn't had his money yet and a bit shaky about the thought of going to court to say the least.

Should I just wait patiently for a result or write to DG (given that 30th is next Wednesday)???

Hiya,

Given that there is a bank Holiday coming up, I don't think you will have any joy ringing or writing this soon. It seems best to wait until a court date has been set and then trying for a settlement 3 weeks before.

Hope this helps,

Lex

Comment

Cheers Lex, I'll do that, given that they've got so little time to respond, what hope have we got of the deadline passing without a response?

Comment

Winner!!!!!!

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

A4 envelope received today from DG, AQ thought I - NO full offer (except some pillock paid the AQ fee and didn't need to) so son gets his money back and I get to live!!!

Does this make us LB's first WINNER??????

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

do I understand you right, you've paid the AQ fee and its not included in their offer?

please don't let them off the hook, they have to pay you ALL the court fees. It's worth another letter to get this £100 back.

Comment

No, I didn't need to pay it coz the claim was under £1500 so I'll write to the court for that back!!

Comment

oh right, well the court shouldn't have cashed it then surely? never mind, as long as you get it back.

congratulations!!

Comment

Why set deadlines???

So we still haven't had the money off them, they were late submitting their defence and I assume the offer was instead of them submitting an AQ so they missed that deadline too, despite being given yet another extension.

Today received this off the court:

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The action be stayed until 29th June 2007 for settlement by mediation/negotiation or for narrowing the issues.

2. Within 7 days of the end of the period of stay the parties shall jointly notify the court in writing of the outcome of negotiations and what, if any, directions are required. Failure to comply with this direction or properly engage in negotiations may result in the application of sanctions. On register of such notification the court file shall be referred to District Judge/a full time District Judge for further directions.
                  So as far as I can make out that's licence for another 2 week delay before they have to get their finger (or cheque book) out.

Comment

Sent a letter to DG copied to HSBC reminding them of their offer to settle and their failure to do so, still no response, looks like it'll be a letter to the court on Monday, they can't say we haven't tried to settle, ah well more waiting.

Comment

Letter sent to the court yesterday, as an afterthought I'm going to copy DG and HSBC in, won't do any harm.

Still no dosh, why don't they just do what they say and pay up?

Comment

Well, phoned HSBC up today just to see what they were playing at and they said "it should have been paid by now so we'll give you the number of who is dealing with it", then they said, "no we won't give you the number, we're not allowed to", then they said, "oh we'll give it you anyway coz it's well overdue".

The number they're not allowed to give out BTW is 0845 602 8006

Bit of patience, 40 mins holding and they answered, went away again, came back and said DG hadn't informed them he had accepted the offer so they apologise but it will be paid in tomorrow.

I'll not hold my breath........:rolleyes:

Comment

Money in bank this morning as promised so I get to live to see another day.

Now, for the money he owes me, wheres me calculator

Comment

Congrats.... got there in the end
                            When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
                              Money in bank this morning as promised so I get to live to see another day.

Now, for the money he owes me, wheres me calculator
                              This is the reason we just love em!!!!!!! pmsl I have all mine wrote down too, ready for his pay day

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X