• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander credit card charges - Reclaim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander credit card charges - Reclaim?

Hi,
    Have been going through may statements and found on 19 occasions between Aug 2008 and may 2010 i have been charged £12 for late and over limit fees.

first of all can i reclaim these £12 charges back.

i have done a bit of research on this but have got mixed thoughts from various threads whether these amounts are reclaimable or does it have to be the higher amounts that the OFT say were unfair.

If there is a possible yes, I'm a bit confused what interest should be applied to claim back on the amounts.
    i have found some spreadsheets on here that calculate it for you but they are different , some do the compound interest and others say to do it at the APR rate of the card.

much appreciated.
    mab.
    Tags: None

Re: Santander credit card charges - Reclaim?

Originally posted by mab177 View Post
    Hi,
    Have been going through may statements and found on 19 occasions between Aug 2008 and may 2010 i have been charged £12 for late and over limit fees.

first of all can i reclaim these £12 charges back.

i have done a bit of research on this but have got mixed thoughts from various threads whether these amounts are reclaimable or does it have to be the higher amounts that the OFT say were unfair.

If there is a possible yes, I'm a bit confused what interest should be applied to claim back on the amounts.
    i have found some spreadsheets on here that calculate it for you but they are different , some do the compound interest and others say to do it at the APR rate of the card.

much appreciated.
    mab.

ok, just went thru budgies sticky,
    that gives me good incentive about claiming the interest, though I'd still like to know if the £12 charges are still eligible to claim.

Comment

Hi, As the posts states above , i have since sent a prelim letter on (23/01/13) to santander to refund my late and overlimit fees that occurred form 2007 to 2010. They replied to my request by text message sent to my mobile say it has been registered (on 25/01/13),

Now Today (29/01/13) i received a Text message again from them stated My complaint has been closed. (Please contact us if you have further questions relating to the complaint)

Basically thats it, no confirmation in writing , nothing.

Surely this is not the appropriate way to handle any complaint, What should be my next course of action,

Anybody with any advice Please, Thanks.

Comment

If they have sent the right Prelim Letter and they rejected the claim, then the next step will be to file a claim through the courts.

Please can you supply the background of this case to help? Preferably as a timeline of events and say who you are dealing with. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
          If they have sent the right Prelim Letter and they rejected the claim, then the next step will be to file a claim through the courts.

Please can you supply the background of this case to help? Preferably as a timeline of events and say who you are dealing with. Thanks.
          hi.
          The letter i sent to Santander (creditcard) is one that i found as a template on this site,
          There isn't much off a background to this case yet as such.

basically what has gone on so far is what i said in post 3.

if there is any more info you'd like me to supply let me know exactly and i'll try and feed u as much as i can .
          if you will like to see the letter i sent i will try and attach it.
          hope this helps a little.
          Regards mab.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X