• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Done a quick check on the CAB site.
    Mortgages ARE NOT protected by the CCA act dependent on when they were taken out, advise to check your paper work.
    Will have to look through everything again tomorrow and try and contact them to find out if it was.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Thanks for the support, will post result and anything useful

Comment

Dogtired, it does depend on dates but with kensington they have expressed in response letters that they believe our account to be cca covered. They have offered this protection. The angle we are taking, if they clearly state on separate occasions by different people we are covered, then it should apply to the whole agreement from inception. Therefore the prescribed terms are missing, amongst other information.

This is with advice from a solicitor, it's up to the court and oft now.

Comment

Thank you, checked all documents again it is clear from them that TML and Kensington were linked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tml.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1156465
          "offer" document have starred mention of Kingston

Name:	tml 2.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1156466

This from terms and conditons booklet.

Got to double check but no mention of CCA act only that they are registered with FSA, however the dates do not appear right, according o the FSA they were registered in about Sept/October 2004 and our mortgage was earlier, in the May/June of that year.
          Not trying to say it is unenforceable or anything and still have to make some arrangement for repayment but also found out that if you want to do interest only they charge you £75
          Will have to get in touch with local CAB on Monday.

Comment

It seems we were out done by procedure but the judge did say are arguments would not hold any weight in court. I have had a few experiences of this judge all bad. It's not all over but he has recommended talking to kensington. I don't think much of his jokes either.

Comment

:tinysmile_cry_t: oh dear,
              I got home to another rate exchange letter from Kensington rate now 6.50% payments down by 12p I kid you not.
              Last edited by dogtired; 15th March 2013, 20:33:PM.

Comment

Lucky you DT my interest rate has not changed since the beginning of 2009! As my late dad used to say - there are always people better off than you and worse off, no matter what your status and life. SO TRUE! My rate is 8.5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

indeed Ruby!
                  I will keep my payments the same, we both have money going in the bank but if I can split it over the month they will get the full payment plus a little bit on a five Thursday month, should be do able, got the other payments to sort out which I have done. Then got to get to grips with a full blown complaint re the mis selling and charges.

xx:fear:

Comment

Mortgages are NOT covered by the CCA act.
                    Trading standards advise.
                    Write to Kensington again providing the proff that our documents state that when it was taken out they were TML trading as Kensington ( see earlier post with scan of this) Complain to OFT try again at FsCS and FOS.
                    I did look at a claims management that my brother used, with success, but they wanted up front fees so did not go there.Plus just when I though I was getting there utility company want to increase DD!

Comment

I very strongly feel that all financial products should be governed by the same body. It would simplify things completely for the consumer and also NOT allow corrupt companies to abuse loopholes. It is completely insane that consumers get given the round around and told to go from pillar to post to get help.

Anyone else feel like a tennis ball?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ruby;326350]I very strongly feel that all financial products should be governed by the same body. It would simplify things completely for the consumer and also NOT allow corrupt companies to abuse loopholes. It is completely insane that consumers get given the round around and told to go from pillar to post to get help.

Anyone else feel like a tennis ball?[/QUOTE
                        Me and you for starters Ruby,any one for doubles :bounce:
                        Agree with just the one body, I just cannot belive that something as long term and life changing as a mortgage appears to not offer us any form of protection.xx
                        Last edited by dogtired; 19th March 2013, 10:37:AM. Reason: adding content/spelling

Comment

It gets worse...
                          Spoke with the FSCS, it would NOT be covered as taken out in March 2004 and they were not regulated until October of that year.
                          We could go to FOS but would have to more or less prove that TML did add the "protection" and they and Kensington were one and the same.
                          By the time the formal offer had come this "protection" had disappeared BUT if you calculate the amounts the difference is the same amount.(if that makes sense!)
                          Think we need someone more "expert" on the site to advise so if there is please do so.
                          As I said in previous post electric and BT want to increase DD which would blow all my plans apart.:yell:
                          One bright spot council Tax has actually gone DOWN by £11!:tape2:
                          Last edited by dogtired; 19th March 2013, 10:51:AM. Reason: adding content

Comment

DT I hope someone comes along and helps you. You have my moral support! I know the feeling about the utility bills. My gas/electric has gone through the roof in the past few months, despite getting extra cavity wall insulation in October last year.

BTW you seem to have a good CAB in your area. Can you use them again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
                              DT I hope someone comes along and helps you. You have my moral support! I know the feeling about the utility bills. My gas/electric has gone through the roof in the past few months, despite getting extra cavity wall insulation in October last year.

BTW you seem to have a good CAB in your area. Can you use them again?
                              Thank you Ruby, much appreciated hope we can help one another!
                              Got an appointment at CAB on the 5th April.
                              Meanwhile have had a call from them but as it was late and I was not in the mood I said that once I have had a reply from complaints I would be prepared to speak with them and that I still had the option of FOS and OFT.
                              He seemed a bit dumfounded that I was not prepared to discuss with him at almost 7pm.
                              I know I need to but may need to ask if we can transfer to a part and part mortgage then hopefully we can start saving!
                              In the post today we got another letter from them that said the intrest rate had not changed, but it has it went down 12pence! You do wonder!
                              Also this, know that they were in trouble and there are links with Llyods TSB!

Name:	mail shot.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1156483
                              Last edited by dogtired; 19th March 2013, 20:22:PM.

Comment

That is so WEIRD! We got the same letter through the post today too!!!!!!!

Went straight into the bin as we have no dealings with Ocean Finance, nor do we want to. What is going on?

They must have been doing a mail surge. DT you have lost me, what have Ocean got to do with Kensington or Lloyds TSB?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X