• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sattutory demand under section 268(1)of the inslovency act help urgent smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sattutory demand under section 268(1)of the inslovency act help urgent smith

Maybe they have not responded and will possibly not turn up on Monday as they have nothing to add to change the judges mind. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes well on Monday.

Originally posted by smith View Post
    still nothin from 1st credit and due in court on monday

Comment

Re: Sattutory demand under section 268(1)of the inslovency act help urgent smith

they will leave it till the last minute or ignore you

you keep to the time table, 1st cretins prob will not even turn up in court either to contest as its slam dunk

phone the court and double check the case is listed for monday would you please and update your thread

BEAT ME TO IT TUTSI

Comment

Smith, how does your other half feel about going into court. You can go into court to support her but cannot address the court directly. It will be a walk in the park if they don't turn up, however there is always a chance they will.

Maid

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
          let me know when 1st cretins/conaught respond

hi =miliitant are you still going talk us through step by step as were not sure what to say at court cheers

Comment

she is scared lol

Comment

Do not worry

this will take no more than 5 minutes in court as the judge will have made his mind up before you go in, i will do a brief statement for you to digest but i doubt it will be needed

have you phoned the court yet to confirm the date to attend

Comment

Do not worry

this will take no more than 5 minutes in court as the judge will have made his mind up before you go in, i will do a brief statement for you to digest but i doubt it will be needed

have you phoned the court yet to confirm the date to attend
                will do in the morn first thing

Comment

1st crud turned up for my case...and yes it's been set aside :-)

Comment

Hope you got costs from the feckers

Comment

• Re: Sattutory demand under section 268(1)of the inslovency act help urgent smith

Right then smith, i am now doing you a statement for costs. You need to send a copy to 1st cretins and the court tomorrow at the latest.

For me to complete the application and post on your thread i need the following info

1/ are you taking the day off work to go to court and if so, how much would you Lose by taking the day off work

2/ how far is it to get to the court (miles)

LET ME HAVE THIS INFO AND I WILL POST UP THE STATEMENT THIS EVENING

Comment

• Re: Sattutory demand under section 268(1)of the inslovency act help urgent smith

Right then smith, i am now doing you a statement for costs. You need to send a copy to 1st cretins and the court tomorrow at the latest.

For me to complete the application and post on your thread i need the following info

1/ are you taking the day off work to go to court and if so, how much would you Lose by taking the day off work

2/ how far is it to get to the court (miles)

LET ME HAVE THIS INFO AND I WILL POST UP THE STATEMENT THIS EVENING
                        no we both do not work on dss due to ill health

bus fare would only be £10 for both of us

would be grounds for a hardship case in court

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
                          no we both do not work on dss due to ill health

bus fare would only be £10 for both of us

would be grounds for a hardship case in court
                          and yes still the court said yes 5 nov in court

Comment

give me an hour to post up your costs

Comment

IN THE XXXX COUNTY COURT
                              APPLICATION/CASENUMBER XXXXX
                              05/11/2011
                              1ST CREDIT FINANCE 5 LTD
                              RESPONDANT
                              V

SMITH
                              APPLICANT
                              SCHEDULE OF COSTS FOR A

SET ASIDE APPLICATION ON A STATUTORY DEMAND FOR BANKRUPTCY PETITION

Rate Claimed Litigant in Person rateof £18.00 / hour
                              Travelling Costs HMRC Approved Mileage Rate of 40p / mile

1) Time spent identifying and understanding relevant legislation.
                              Time spent identifying and understanding relevant case law.
                              Time spent preparing affidavit and skeleton argument.

10 hours @ £18.00 - £180.00

2) Time spent communicating with Respondent and swearing affidavit

2 hours @ £ 18.00 = £36.00

3) Travelling costs for return journey to court £10.00

Total £226.00

Notes

Before undertaking this myself I approached a solicitor to handle this.I was given an estimate of 3 to 6 hours at £170/hour to prepare the Application(£510-£1020) plus extra for attending the court.

I respectfully request that the court give consideration to awarding these costs on the indemnity basis or, in the alternative, on the standard basis as I believe, in any case, that they have been proportionately andr easonably incurred and/or are of a proportionate and reasonable amount.

In support of this request, I would also like to refer the court’s attention to the authority of the High Court in the case of:-

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

In this case, Mr Justice Warren confirmed that it was usual for an indemnity award to be made:-

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner).

SIGN AND PRINT YOUR NAME

DONT FORGET TO FILL IN THE CLAIM/CASE NUMBER, WHAT COURT, AND YOUR NAME

SEND THE ABOVE TO THE COURT AND 1ST CREDIT IN THE MORNING
                              Last edited by miliitant; 2nd November 2012, 02:22:AM.

Comment

IN THE XXXX COUNTY COURT
                                APPLICATION/CASENUMBER XXXXX
                                05/11/2011
                                1ST CREDIT FINANCE 5 LTD
                                RESPONDANT
                                V

SMITH
                                APPLICANT
                                SCHEDULE OF COSTS FOR A

SET ASIDE APPLICATION ON A STATUTORY DEMAND FOR BANKRUPTCY PETITION

Rate Claimed Litigant in Person rateof £18.00 / hour
                                Travelling Costs HMRC Approved Mileage Rate of 40p / mile

1) Time spent identifying and understanding relevant legislation.
                                Time spent identifying and understanding relevant case law.
                                Time spent preparing affidavit and skeleton argument.

10 hours @ £18.00 - £180.00

2) Time spent communicating with Respondent and swearing affidavit

2 hours @ £ 18.00 = £36.00

3) Travelling costs for return journey to court £10.00

Total £226.00

Notes

Before undertaking this myself I approached a solicitor to handle this.I was given an estimate of 3 to 6 hours at £170/hour to prepare the Application(£510-£1020) plus extra for attending the court.

I respectfully request that the court give consideration to awarding these costs on the indemnity basis or, in the alternative, on the standard basis as I believe, in any case, that they have been proportionately andr easonably incurred and/or are of a proportionate and reasonable amount.

In support of this request, I would also like to refer the court’s attention to the authority of the High Court in the case of:-

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

In this case, Mr Justice Warren confirmed that it was usual for an indemnity award to be made:-

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner).

SIGN AND PRINT YOUR NAME

DONT FORGET TO FILL IN THE CLAIM/CASE NUMBER, WHAT COURT, AND YOUR NAME

SEND THE ABOVE TO THE COURT AND 1ST CREDIT IN THE MORNING
                                thankyou done this did you do the short statment for her to read to court cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X