• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money In the wrong account Can I claim compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money In the wrong account Can I claim compensation

Hi.
    Sorry to bore you all, but the more I think about it the more I get annoyed about it.

I deposited £1000.00 into my account - went online to check if this had been received and my balance was nil. called the hotline number explained what I had done, he went through security with me.

Basically, my card that I had in my name was showing as my boyfriends card account . So we have a savings account joint & a current account seperate to each other. I put the money into my savings account. It turns out the money had gone to my boyfriends current account, these cards are not linked. But the savings card was in my name, but showing his name. confused yes I was.

Anyways what I need to know is, we have sepearte accounts they told me to go to my fella and ask him to give me the money I refused and told them its there mistake not mine. they ammend the card the manage said he has no idea how my boyfriend name is on my card when clearly the card is in my name. Money transferred back end of story.. I told the manage this money was my savings as I was planning to leave my boyfriend and do a moonlight flit, now he had jeapodised this, and my partner is a violent man I would get a beating for this. he appolgised and said comoputer error. so would I have the rights to demand compoensation dataprotection was jeopardise etc etc. sorry to bore and confuse.. Kim Oh Santander I was orignal Abbey
    Tags: None

Re: Money In the wrong account Can I claim compensation

Is the boyfriend bit correct?

I have come across this before so I can give you the technical stuff on here but you need to clarify a few things with the bank.
    Is the PAN number or long number across the card linked to your boyfriends account? Is the answer is yet then the bank have to, in all likelihood, order you a new card under your savings account number if the savings account should have come with a card. The current card is completely useless. They need to check whether any accounts are linked to the boyfriend's current account and then disentangle them.

Compensation for DPA breech? No chance but interest backdated on savings account because of the error is a definite yes.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X