• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC. CLAIMING MISSED PAYMENT FROM 2 years ago.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC. CLAIMING MISSED PAYMENT FROM 2 years ago.

Hi all, I need some help just been phoned at home by someone claiming to be from HSBC.

They said missing payment from 2010 on mortgauge and asking for payment now 2012.

I am surprised they have not written to me about this, instead of ringing me at home,
    demanding payment.

Any advice appriecated.

Tags: None

Re: HSBC. CLAIMING MISSED PAYMENT FROM 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to you, Mr Wallace !!!

It does seem strange that it has taken all this time for HSBC to contact you about a missed mortgage repayment - and then to contact you by phone and not in writing. If you have the name of the person who called you, I would suggest that you write to HSBC about this, and ask them to confirm that this is correct.

Comment

It could be a scam - the whole world has gone scam mad -MP's, Banks, Banks, Banks, everyone. I don't think that banks phone you at home. They send you threatening letters. Rob you. Rob everyone. Award themselves huge bonus and benefit packages and fail in what they are supposed to do professionally. But, they don't phone you at home. Everyone on this site is wishing that they had your problem....one missing payment from two years ago and probably a scam phone call. Fingers crossed.

Comment

The obvious thing is that whenever a bank rings up and claims to state you have missed a payment that you ask for it in writing. I certainly would do absolutely nothing if it is not in writing.

Did they ask for you debit card details? NEVER pay unless received in writing.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi Ieclerc, yes they wanted me to pay there and then. I have found out that it was HSBC MORTGAGE arrears collections. I find this strange, if I was in arrears from 2 years ago why have they not wrote to me. I have complained and told them I am disputing their claim, I need EVIEDENCE.

Comment

Peeps HSBC staff in the UK have a staff Number, always ask for their staff number, I do and If I do not get one, no speeky = simples.

Comment

Can't say I like HSBC a whole lot, I had a personal account, business account, business loan and a mortgage with them back in 2002, all was well until I decided to sell my house and buy another house changing my mortgage to another company.
              I got a call from HSBC to go in for an interview with my branch business manager the day before contracts where to be signed from the houses, as soon as I sat down he said that the bank will not sign their side of the contact until the business loan was paid off in full (I had made every payment for two years without being late).
              Talk about passing you the rope and saying "here go find a tree"
              Luckily! my ex-father-in-law had just come into a fair bit of money and he lent me the £11'000 which he managed to get within 6 hours :hail: I went in to see the business manager the next morning (D day for moving house) and slapped the £11'000 in £20 pound notes on the desk and told him to count it in front of me which he did.
              After taking the cash through to another room he came back and asked me how I managed to get so much money in such a short time, I told him to mind his own effing business where I got the effing money from and sihn the effing paperwork and get it effing fast tracked now and I'm not leaving until it's been effing done (I admit there was a lot of other swear words used that day) while I waited I closed my two accounts down.
              The loan was for £10'000 and I was paying something like £256ish a month, they must have had about £17'000 out of me total
              The worlds local bank B#{}#@ks!

Sorry bout that, but they pushed all the wrong buttons and it still gets me going

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X