• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed natwest bank charges hardship claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed natwest bank charges hardship claim

Hi ,
    I am trying to re-claim over £5000 of bank charges from Natwest , i am in financial hardship, they have just issued their final response rejecting my claim but offering a 'goodwill gesture' of £100 for the time it has taken them to respond. I am going to esclate my complaint to the financial ombudsman but dont know what to do with the £100 cheque that they sent to me.
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed natwest bank charges hardship claim

Shelly1, are you in financial hardship today?
    Do you have priority debts ie gas, water, electricity, rent/mortgage, council tax?
    What caused the issue, ie loss of job, less hours, birth of a child?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I am still in financial hardship today , have arrears with all my priority debts.
      my partner lost his job and i was using credit to live off.

Comment

Have you submitted an income and expenditure form? Has anyone lent you money from the family?

Comment

yes to both

Comment

Exactly what was their response. Can you write out their response excluding your details or scan their letter but marking out all identifying markers to yourself?

Comment

Thank you for being so patient whilr i have been reviewing your complaint and I apologise for the delay.
              My understanding of your complaint is as follows:
              1. You are in Financial Hardship,which is associated with bank charges.
              2. You believe the bank have breached the banking code.

Having reviewed your Current Plus Account , I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they were not properly due.They have all been associated with lack of funds in the account at the time items were presented for payment and they have therefore been applied in line with the Terms and Conditions of your account , to which you agreed when you opened it.
              After my investigation , I am sorry but i have decided not to uphold your complaint.This is because the onus was on you to ensure your Current Plus Account was maintained at all times within a satisfactory manner. In view of this the interest and charges that have been applied to your Account are rightfully due to the Bank.
              However , I can confirm your Current Plus Account has been closed and the bank will not persue you any futher for the outstanding monies. Your Current Plus Account is non-operational and this means should you require another Bank Account you will need to open one with an alternative Financial Institution.

As a gesture of goodwill based on the lenght of time your complaint has gone unanswered by us, I am prepared to you the amount of £100 compensation . We are confident this will cover any inconvenience caused.
              I believe I have resolved your complaint satisfactorily following my review.If you would like to talk through the details of my decision please call me or a member of my teaon 01952 206454.Or if you have any extra information that you thin may affect our decision please get in touch.We are here from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

If you are unhappy with the decision and want to take it further, you can get in touch with the Financial Ombudsman Service .If you do decide to go to the Ombudsman , you should do so by 6 December 2012 as they may not consider your complaint after that time - I have enclosed a leaflet with some information about the service and how they could help you.

yours sincerely
              Mrs J Barber

Customer Care Team

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X