• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BPILOANS-cold called

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold telephone sales CMC!!!

Was in shower, heard the phone ring, answer machine kicked in but no message left.
    Again the number was withheld!!!!
    Nothing surprises me that it was them yet again.

Doing my head in now.

Did also get another call, had enough and did not bother to answer, in hope this time they will leave a message, so checked the number again and this time it was this number below, that also tried ringing a few times last week. I am not going to ring them back though.

Telephone number: 02076 858581

Checked on "who's calling me" and some have said an Indian food testing company.

Goodness knows.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Shall I email them to ask how they got hold of my details?
      No way

Comment

0207 is central london, one of the posts i read said it was Avalon.. will put my deerstalker on and see what i can find!

Comment

Ok Tuttsi, will not bother lol.

Puffrose, isn't Avolon also a solicitors company?

I have not had chance yet to research further today, but that would be good thank you.

Comment

i have no idea di tbh, i googled Avalon London (from the phone number being from London) and got a linked in profile for the director of a company called Merlin Money, on checking Merlin money it seems they are a PPI chasers, taking money and not doing any work, link to follow, but there is no details or address in London, just H/O in Warwickshire.. seems we may have found another can of worms?!?

I followed up the spice tailor side of it and they are a legitimate internet suppliers of Indian foods.

Search complaints

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
              i have no idea di tbh, i googled Avalon London (from the phone number being from London) and got a linked in profile for the director of a company called Merlin Money, on checking Merlin money it seems they are a PPI chasers, taking money and not doing any work, link to follow, but there is no details or address in London, just H/O in Warwickshire.. seems we may have found another can of worms?!?

I followed up the spice tailor side of it and they are a legitimate internet suppliers of Indian foods.

Search complaints

Hmmm interesting puffrose, cheers for that, I will keep a note of that number just in case, maybe also complain to the ICO about that one as well?

Comment

no problem, i just hope im on the right track, but reading the complaints I think we are on the right track

Comment

no problem, i just hope im on the right track, but reading the complaints I think we are on the right track

I agree, it certainly looks that way anyway.

Comment

Puff Rose did we not have on my other thread a Money Tailor that called me.

Search complaints

Comment

yes. Money tailor, AKA curly wig, AKA ppi reclaims ltd.. AKA spectrum finance

Comment

Half 8 this morning, this company rang!!!

http://www.bpiloans.com/

All I said was hi, very tired and not thinking, the guy was blabbing on about a loan taken out with them a few years ago and if we want to extend.

We have never taken out a loan with the above company, have not got a clue who they are.

Ok, not CMC related, but yet another sales call (another to be reported).

Number withheld though.
                        Last edited by di30; 25th April 2012, 08:16:AM.

Comment

Bank of the Phillipines???

gotta be loaded if they ring you at 8am msl:

Comment

Di, whats strange on the web site that I could not see was who regulates them?

Even my son's company who he works for in Shanghai is regulated by the FSA here in the UK.

Another thing did they ask for you by name?

Also, I could not see at a quick glance the interest rates.

They talk a good talk and the web site is nicely put together but could not find all the necessary information to be able to make a decision.

I would not think it was ideal to take a loan with these companies as you could find the interest is far too high and paying through the nose and of course possibly not regulated.

I will ask Di if you dont mind that the title be changed to the name of this company incase anyone else out there is searching for information or have been scammed and hope that it is ok with you. x

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                              Di, whats strange on the web site that I could not see was who regulates them?

Even my son's company who he works for in Shanghai is regulated by the FSA here in the UK.

Another thing did they ask for you by name?

Also, I could not see at a quick glance the interest rates.

They talk a good talk and the web site is nicely put together but could not find all the necessary information to be able to make a decision.

I would not think it was ideal to take a loan with these companies as you could find the interest is far too high and paying through the nose and of course possibly not regulated.

I will ask Di if you dont mind that the title be changed to the name of this company incase anyone else out there is searching for information or have been scammed and hope that it is ok with you. x

Hi Tuttsi

Yes that is fine, thank you.

I think it all started with "Hello Madam, this is BPI loans, you taken out a loan back in so and so date (did not catch the date) and wondering if you would like to extend the loan". You could tell he was from the Phillipines.

Never heard of them and this call like the others, out of the blue.

Comment

Re: BPILOANS-cold called

Again I would treat this company or any other company that cold call with selling anything with caution.

Once they have all your personal details in order to give you a loan - unlikely that they will actually come through with a loan then your details are then on the open market and not even under UK law to be sold on. The fact is they did not even know your name means that it was a lucky dip call so how did they know you had a previous loan? It is just pure guess work I am afraid and the general public normally fall for these scams.

Whats sounds to good to be true is often NOT a good thing so beware everyone.

Nice web site with lots of important elements missing so my advice is beware.

This thread has already been viewed by nearly 300 people ( I suspect mostly guests) so this is the power of this site to get the message accross. It is now on the first page of Google when you type in BPIloans

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X