• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bitingback @ Abbey Settled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey BB, you can breath now. They settled, full amount and then some.

Thought the old heart was gonna give out at the thought of High Court next week but their nerve gave before mine.

It almost did give out when I opened the letter and saw the amoung they're paying. I fully expected them to start arguing figures, even though I knew I'd got all the arguments down pat as to why they should repay the lot.

Oh well, few more days till it hits the account and then retail therapy here I come.

Comment

Hiya,

Finally filed in court last Friday! Was just scrolling through and saw your post...

Why did they pay you a bit more ("then some")?

Comment

skeggsy v abbey

Hya, iv got 14 days till judgement day, wondered what their defense was and did you do an extended poc for your claim, did you file via mcol or via an N1... would like to know what Im dealing with. cheers skeggsy

Comment

Hi - they haven't submitted a defense yet. My claim was issued on 23 July via N1 (in person) - I used Legal Beagles POC. The court sent it to Abbey on the 26th and it was deemed to be served on 29 July. Abbey has until the 13th August to reply. Hope this helps.

Comment

Bank have not submitted their defence

Hi Everyone! I need some advice please.

Although my bank has acknowledged my claim they have not to my knowledge submitted a defence and their deadline is tomorrow. How should I proceed?

Comment

Abbey have filed a defence!

I just called the bank and they confirmed that Abbey filed a defence yesterday. Apparently and according to the clerk I just spoke to - the court is not automatically granting 'stays' - claims are being dealt with on a case by case basis. I will keep you informed.

Comment

Re: Bitingback @ Abbey Settled

Hi Diamond,

Sorry not been around for a while so I wasn't ignoring you, as to why Abbey may have paid me some extra, I didn't ask lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X