• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Am I being paranoid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being paranoid?

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but after dealings with First Plus I don't trust them one bit.

My loan payment is supposed to come out of the bank on the 13th of every month. Now I know that when that date falls on a weekend it usually comes out early. But for the last few months they have been taking it late, one, two and even three days late. The money has always been there on the 13th. The money should have come out today for example, well it hasn't.

So am I paying interest on the whole amount for the days when the payment should have been taken out? I know it probably won't be much, but I object to giving them a penny more than they are already getting from me.
    Tags: None

Re: Am I being paranoid?

Usually, where electronic payments, like Direct Debits, are being made, the person/company you are paying has to order the payment from your bank at least five banking days prior to the date it is due to be debited. Technically, First Plus would have placed the order for the payment with your bank on 8/3/12. Also, some electronic credits/debits seem to take place between 23:30 and 00:30, so check during that hour period to see if the amount has been debited. If the debit day seems to be changing on a regular basis and you and First Plus have agreed on 13th day of each month, I'd first speak to your bank and ask them to explain why this keeps happening. If you get a satisfactory answer, fine. If not, then contact First Plus and ask them to explain why they are not keeping to the agreed date.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X