• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on a Consolidation Loan taken from Halifax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a Consolidation Loan taken from Halifax

Hi All, I'd appreciate any advice here.

Last year I took out an unsecured loan for consolidation purposes with the Halifax for £20,000 to cover a Halfax Credit Card and Halifax Overdraft. While taking this loan out the condition of the underwriter to lend the £20,000 was that the Credit Card would be closed and the Overdraft reduced to £1000. Halifax said they would close these facilities. I agreed. These accounts were not closed and as my income reduced due to unforeseen circumstances I have stupidly slipped back into use of the CC and Overdraft.

I cannot meet the replayments on these now and I'm struggling. I have approached debt management firms, but wanted to check if Halifax shoulders any responsibility for allowing unrepayable levels of credit?

Thanks for any comments/advice....

Regards,

D
    Tags: None

Re: Advice on a Consolidation Loan taken from Halifax

Do you have written proof of the underwriters demands?

Comment

Do you have proof of Halifax saying they would close the accounts?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think so. Only the conversations. It was all performed over the phone.

They initially went to the underwriter an it was refused unless the conditions were met. They 100% said they would close/reduce the accounts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X