• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank accounts

hello All

Can someone advise me as to which is the best bank account to apply for that gives people with a poor credit rating access to the usual benefits of a regular account.
    Tags: None

Re: Bank accounts

Originally posted by golfillini View Post
    hello All

Can someone advise me as to which is the best bank account to apply for that gives people with a poor credit rating access to the usual benefits of a regular account.
    The likelihood is that initially that is unlikely to happen due to credit scoring but having a basic account is not the end of the world with many basic accounts offering the facility of Direct Debit/Standing Order, a debit card(electron/maestro) and internet banking.
    Is there a specific reason why you need anything more than that?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

The Co-op, Nat West, Barclays and others all do good basic bank accounts with the facilities mentioned above. Google basic bank accounts and you will find a list of what each provides.

Comment

Metro Bank?

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/07/...counts-221963/
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

This is the link I was thinking of (doesn't include the above):

Find compare the best Basic Bank Accounts - moneyfacts.co.uk

For anyone with debt, it is vitally important theat they make sure the account they open is outside the group of banks they were previously with in order to avoid the right of offset.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X