• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

charges to servicing account against ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charges to servicing account against ppi

Hi to everone

I have recently claimed against a number of PPI'S with the bank that have been refunded, but feel that the servicing account may have suffered over the years with bank charges and late fees applied to it. My argument is this;

THE SEVICING ACCOUNT HAS BEEN OVERDRAWN ON MANY OCCASIONS AND HAS SUFFERED CHARGES WHICH I FEEL ARE UN-JUST. HAD THE FUNDS RELATING TO THE PPI REFUND BEEN AVAILABLE IN THE ACCOUNT, WOULD IT HAVE SUFFERED THESE CHARGES, UN-PAID ITEMS ETC.?

The bank has stated that it will consider such a claim, but i need to prove that the PPI'S had a DIRECT affect on the servicing account. Difficult, i think, as the computer will always deduct from the account in favour of the bank, and leave the account to then take the charges attached for fees. I have a small rain forest of statements going back to the nineties, loads more information pending SARS, and a mind to go as far as it takes to get my money back. The only thing i'm lacking is the knowledge of where to start.

Any ideas are thankfully welcome!!

Regards,
    Brummie.
    Tags: None

Re: charges to servicing account against ppi

Well if you read about a bit you'll discover that Bank Charges reclaiming is pretty dead in the water sadly.
    But you say your bank 'has stated it will consider such a claim'.
    Can you clarify what you mean by this? How have you approached your bank and what have they said?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

i have approached the bank on numerous issues via their complaints procedure. This latest comment is via the PPI team, who state that they cannot deal with it in their department but can forward. I did originally file a complaint about charges in 2008, but did not follow up. My previous threads regarding PPI'S might shed a little more light on the matter for you. I have read about the subject, thankyou, but still feel that the bank has a lot to answer in relation to my custom over some 25 years. The fact that the situation has changed on claiming bank charges does not sway my decision to challenge RBS.

Comment

As Celestine says, bank charges reclaiming per se is no longer a hot topic, but I have been involved with an ongoing claim where a string of loans (all with one bank) with PPI reclaimed were all serviced by a current account with that bank. This account suffered overdraft and penalty charges which would not have been made if the PPI had not been sold, because it can be shown that the balance would NOT then have been overdrawn for much of the time.

This is currently with the FOS and awaiting their determination. I believe these charges should be reclaimable on the basis that:
        Disp App 3.2.7 states "...the firm should consider the cumulative financial impact on the complainant of any previous breaches or failings in those sales."
        and Disp App 3.7.2 states "...the firm should, as far as practicable, put the complainant in the position he would have been if he had not bought any payment protection contract."

I think it is important to note that the above rules refer to "the complainant" - and NOT to "the account." Thus, any other accounts which the complainant had - and which were affected by the PPI mis-selling - should be considered as having been affected by the "cumulative financial impact" of the mis-sold PPI.

Many loan agreements actually contain a stipulation that the loan has to be serviced by a current account which the borrower has to use. Where this is the case, I believe it reinforces the claim for such 'consequential losses.'

Comment

Hi to all

I now feel ready to make my claim with the bank, as i have enough information from SARS to form my calculations. Does anybody have a letter or info as to how to approach the bank with this claim? And do you think it should be forwarded to the PPI team that has been dealing with my other claims?

Regards,
          Andy.

Comment

Hi Andy,

There is a preliminary claim letter and other useful info within the PPI resources section, which you will be able to access by clicking the 'PPI' tab at the top of the page here.

Alternatively, you could use this one - or construct your own by doing a 'pick & mix' from both.

Yes, I would send it to whoever you have been dealing with in the PPI team.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bill
              I will send it out tommorow and also fax it from my local branch - people might want to use this facillity as, if you ask they will give you the fax report which has dates and times on it. Handy if your mail gets "over-looked", as some of mine has in the past. lololololol
              Regards,
              Andy.

Comment

Useful tip about faxing, Andy - worth bearing in mind, I reckon.

Comment

If anybody is in the process of faxing stuff up to Nat West PPI team in Manchester, then please bear in mind "another way" of getting your documents directly to the admin team.

0845 878 9466.

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
                    If anybody is in the process of faxing stuff up to Nat West PPI team in Manchester, then please bear in mind "another way" of getting your documents directly to the admin team.

0845 878 9466.
                    I take it that is a fax number which sends faxes directly to the PPI team, instead of via head office ?

Comment

Absolutely - puts it onto the fax machine at the end of the desk....

"The power of conversation, if inquisitive enough, will enlighten and open doors."

....(Brummie) lol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X