• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Career Development Loan & Co-Op

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Development Loan & Co-Op

Dear Wise Ones,

I hope this is the correct forum area to post on.

I have taken out a CDL loan with Co-Operative bank to fund a MSc and I am being ask to pay it back before my course ends (November 2011). When I intially made the agreement between the bank I was un-aware of my end dates however I now know the course will end in Janurary.

Contacting Co-Operative they said that the dissertation was not included in the FULL TIME course as they said I could go to work and pay it off. My augument is that IT IS included because when I paid the course fees I paid for the whole course which is inclusive of the dissertation and my course will only end once I have submitted the dissertation in December.

They also said I should go on job-seekers allowance and claim back HOWEVER jobseekers allowance will not pay while I am on my COURSE.

Also not sure if this applicable if i was an immigrant comming into the country on a student visa, I would not be allowed to work Full-Time while on my course which would include my dissertation as highlighted on the website: Working in the UK during your studies

"If you are writing a dissertation or thesis, even if you are not attending classes, this is not a holiday period for you. This means that you should not work full-time until you have submitted your dissertation or thesis and finished your studies, unless you are doing a work placement which is part of your course."

I just want to know if I have any case to put to Co-Op regarding the matter of repayment. Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

A
    Tags: None

Re: Career Development Loan & Co-Op

Can you post up the CDL agreement with all personal details removed so we can have a look at it please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X