• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander really has stolen my money!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander really has stolen my money!

Briefly, before Bradford and Bingley became santander, I was promised my 30 year long account would be transferred. This was reneged because I did not fit 'protocol'. [Cynically, I surmise it is because I only have a state pension and not a 'rich' investor = Santander's main criteria.

Santander literally ignored me for two years, until I learned BBC Watchdog had featured them. I (non-technophobe) looked on the internet and found what I thought was Watchdog's email (to receive more Sanander horror stories). It transpired as Santander's own! But at least they were 'in touch', at long last.

However, there was no apology, contrition, COMPENSATION, etc. Indeed, I suddenly became a bona fide Santander customer (without moving a muscle!) but then then had the temerity to announce my credit was only £24.00 (ish).

I reminded them, sending a copy of my receipt, that at the time I asked for a TRANSFERRED account I had paid in £400 (making my account £1600 odd) before they then told me I hadn't Santander protocol!

Santander rebutted my claim, accusing me of having withdrawn it - over the time I was in dispute, and I had not had any access to my OWN money - from branch and ATMs. BUT, how could I without an account number, ATM (or other) CARD, or whatever access to any MY money/facility.

[Media reported santander employee(s?) frauded (customers accounts/money). Is my money in there somewhere? I want it back. It is all I had!

What can I do when Santander refuse (acknowledging) me?
    Tags: None

Re: Santander really has stolen my money!

Originally posted by 66freya View Post
    Briefly, before Bradford and Bingley became santander, I was promised my 30 year long account would be transferred. This was reneged because I did not fit 'protocol'. [Cynically, I surmise it is because I only have a state pension and not a 'rich' investor = Santander's main criteria.

Santander literally ignored me for two years, until I learned BBC Watchdog had featured them. I (non-technophobe) looked on the internet and found what I thought was Watchdog's email (to receive more Sanander horror stories). It transpired as Santander's own! But at least they were 'in touch', at long last.

However, there was no apology, contrition, COMPENSATION, etc. Indeed, I suddenly became a bona fide Santander customer (without moving a muscle!) but then then had the temerity to announce my credit was only £24.00 (ish).

I reminded them, sending a copy of my receipt, that at the time I asked for a TRANSFERRED account I had paid in £400 (making my account £1600 odd) before they then told me I hadn't Santander protocol!

Santander rebutted my claim, accusing me of having withdrawn it - over the time I was in dispute, and I had not had any access to my OWN money - from branch and ATMs. BUT, how could I without an account number, ATM (or other) CARD, or whatever access to any MY money/facility.

[Media reported santander employee(s?) frauded (customers accounts/money). Is my money in there somewhere? I want it back. It is all I had!

What can I do when Santander refuse (acknowledging) me?

66freya, have you asked for statements of account? They have to provide them even if they took over the B&B
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

You can get the statements of account by doing a subject access request which they are legally obliged to produced within 40 days of receipt of your request. Other than that i would make a claim the the Ombudsman and possibly to the fraud squad - Though make sure you have your statements to prove the money was all their prior to the transfer taking place.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

thanks for your suggestion. The reason I know MY money was removed via ATM (and branch) is because santander sent me a plain copy of (ostensibly my) withdrawals. They 'occurred' during the time I had no possible access to my own account. Just because Santander has provided this 'proof' DOES NOT rightfully make it MY WITHDRAWALS. But I thank you for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by 66freya View Post
          thanks for your suggestion. The reason I know MY money was removed via ATM (and branch) is because santander sent me a plain copy of (ostensibly my) withdrawals. They 'occurred' during the time I had no possible access to my own account. Just because Santander has provided this 'proof' DOES NOT rightfully make it MY WITHDRAWALS. But I thank you for your response.
          They need to provide dates/times of withdrawal and ATM location as well all of which may give slightly more information than that which is on the statement.

Comment

thanks for message. I have tried Ombudsman (only finds in 5% of complaints!). They hinged onto the wrong tack in my claim which I only found out when they sent their (final) 'decision'. Ie, they informed "Santander refuses giving you a 'new' account", instead of intelligently concentrating their minds on what I sought was a TRANSFERRED a/c (as is my legal right under FSA rules). Hence I refused to concede to the Ombudsman's very erroneous 'decision' (sic), otherwise had I agreed to it I could not have pursued Santander through the Courts. As it was, out of the blue - very pertinently after I had emailed "watchdog" (not BBC TV Watchdog, as I had thought) - Santander sent me an account card (after having reduced my account balance to £24 odd!!!!!).

It is because the (ostensible) dates and times on this rogue 'statement' that I know I was not responsible for these withdrawals - NOT LEAST BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT, ATM CARD, WHATEVER. And 'transactions' were conducted then/during dispute, and waiting for Ombudsman - huh, silly me.

Why should I have to write this £1600-odd off? Also, why should my two year (expensive) fight not be given any apology/credit/compensation?

Santander has stolen my money yet buries its head in the sand (or elsewhere) now refusing to deal with me (yawn, yet again!). We BOTH know I did not withdraw those monies. But Santander's attitude is 'tough'. Yet Ana Botin is herself being investigated for fraud!
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            I am a novice using this forum. I don't know whether I have yet replied to you, but I thank you for your message. However, IF I haven't, is it possible you can read my otherwise responses? Sorry.
            Last edited by 66freya; 13th July 2011, 10:32:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

what specific information did they give with regards to the withdrawals? Did they provide the date and time of the transactions? Did they give the specific location ie Lloyds Cash Machine, The Strand London and the specific time of withdrawal? What was the card number which was used for the withdrawal? What was the address that the card was sent to if that card number was used?
              Did you receive all that information prior to going to the FOS? The difficulty is that you need a complete full picture of the circumstances surrounding this bit.

Ana Botin's family is being investigated for tax fraud so slightly different case there.

Comment

1. Fraud is still cheating, whatever pigeon-hole, sorry.
                2. 16.9.09: Deposited £400 (balance £1692.66 - unrecognised a/c no) and then told 'no a/c'. From then 21 months Santander stonewalled. Nor did I touch money presuming it would be safe in 'frozen' a/c until issue resolved, concentrated on seeking other help, including FOS (wobt!). FOS 'finished' 18.1.11. Santander sent ATM/balance notice (NOW ONLY £23.47) 2-4.5.11. Complained (San) 6.5.11 San propaganda 'response'/print out 12.5.11. My formal complaint to Ana Botin 1.6.11 - repeat of former stonewalling tactics.
                3. The 'print-out' - blank paper, states my correct name but an unrecognised "sort code/ a/c no", followed by 6 and 8 figures respectively. It contains 6 'columns': a, ?date - eg 02-01-11; b, ?date (again) eg 01/01/11; c, "interest paid after tax 0.00 deducted" (I don't pay tax/BB a/c miniscule interest based, eg, ?0.01%) and ATM machines; d, ?amount withdrawn (repeat NOT BY ME - no known account or any feasible withdrawal method; e, ?"interest" 0.06; f, ?balance - £23.47. No time/card no recorded for such 'withdrawals'. I need emphatically repeat - I'M NOT GUILTY. I am only culpable of trusting the wrong people/having blind faith that businesses (and ilk) are ethical professionals. Ditto FRAUD. Thanks for your concilliation/interest.

Comment

You need a better breakdown of the withdrawals and the method of withdrawal. The point 3 print out seems odd. Would the 6 numbers and sort code be a valid account number?

Does the columns relate to withdrawals according to them?

They have to give you more precise info because that info isn't good enough, to be honest. You need info that is precise as to where the withdrawals were made and if they were over the counter then you need copies of signatures obtained for them.

Can you Private message me the 6 and 8 digits cos I want to double check if the supposition that they are branch sort code and accounts numbers is right?(up to you on that bit btw).
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Or you can check it yourself: Validate bank payment details
                  Last edited by leclerc; 14th July 2011, 11:11:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

At a guess, one might suppose that Santander sent the card and PIN to the wrong address, or they were intercepted in the post.

Comment

The best thing to do to make Santander Listen is go to the Police and make a statement against Santander for Theft, giving them the information regarding the account being transferred from B&B to a Santander Account and the monies going missing.

Ask the Police for a Crime Number, call Santander and tell them you have reported the theft to the Police and give them your Crime Number. You may well find they will pay you back straight away.

Comment

Santander is doing a takeover the world by the look of it. I used to be with Alliance and Leicester, that's gone now.

I have been laid off for a period, asked them to drop some charges, they said "Just this once you naughty girl" and all that old nonsense. Complaint straight in about the way they dealt with my hardship case. Awaiting reply. Just won't put up with it anymore, we're all just a middle man for our money so I suggest Santander moan at my company and give me a break. Simples.

Comment

Shadowcat, I am working with 66freya on this case with a view to resolving it but am dealing with this off the forum. Once there is an update then one will be given but we are looking at it from a different angle and hopefully this will be resolved in the New Year because I doubt we will see a resolution before that happens.

Comment

66freya, have you reported this to the police?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowcat View Post
                              66freya, have you reported this to the police?
                              I'm not freya, Shadowcat, but I am helping them with looking at the case from a slightly different perspective. As I said, when there is something to report, we will report it on the forum but there is not anything currently substantive to report merely that we are dealing with the bank and that the bank are corresponding to the OP.
                              Apologies I cannot give more info than that but we are getting there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X