• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money advice service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money advice service

Money advice service – costs lots of money but provides no specific advice

Author page »
    The FSA today launched its rebranded Moneymadeclear and Consumer Financial Education Body as the Money Advice Service which will cost the industry £43.7m this year. The service will offer only generic advice as anything more specific would amount to a regulated activity, requiring this FSA subsidiary to obtain FSA authorisation!
    Is this a sign of things to come? Is this part of the ‘simplified advice’ service the FSA has in mind post-RDR? In a speech last May on simplified advice, Sheila Nicoll said: “Consumers may not be encouraged to save just because the advice process is simpler, if they don’t want to save in the first place. Thus, I think there is a hugely important role for Moneymadeclear and the new money guidance service to help people understand their needs and provide generic help and information. I know that my colleagues in the newly launched Consumer Financial Education Body have done much work to devise and deliver the sort of help that consumers need. In particular, a service such as this can help people recognise the importance of saving for retirement, what options might be available and signposting places to go for further information and advice. Thus, Moneymadeclear could play an important role in encouraging people towards simplified advice, where this was relevant.”
    Firms will be little comforted by the idea that funding the Money Advice Service may generate business for their post-RDR simplified services.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: Money advice service

You can get Money Advice Service which is set up by the Government. You can get this service with the help of phone, the internet and face-to-face in their centers. You can get ideas to solve your financial problems in this service.

Comment

Re: Money advice service

Thanks ashksngh,

Any service which of benefit to consumers is, imho, very welcome.

& I do hope that the service can resolve it's current problems.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X