• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"Helpful"? Banking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Helpful"? Banking

Cannot belive the conversation I had yesterday with NatWest!
    Wanted me to transfer to a fee paying account to "save" me money and verbally offered a short term personal loan and a credit card!

I declined all three!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: "Helpful"? Banking

Well they couldn't try and sell you PPI or you could have had the fantastic four lol
    They have learned nothing after all these years have they?

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Cannot belive the conversation I had yesterday with NatWest!
      Wanted me to transfer to a fee paying account to "save" me money and verbally offered a short term personal loan and a credit card!

I declined all three!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
      Shock horror a useless packaged account, personal debt and more personal debt......shocking
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Sounds like the "Darren Brown" techniques used in certain retail outlets.
        Did they also try & sell you an extended warranty & gold- plated cables lol
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Sounds like the "Darren Brown" techniques used in certain retail outlets.
          Did they also try & sell you an extended warranty & gold- plated cables lol
          No , but he did try the home insurance and did not know what to say when I asked him what happened after the year!
          Very surprised though as we are on a bit of a knife edge financially and it would have been all too easy to say "yes".

Comment

No , but he did try the home insurance and did not know what to say when I asked him what happened after the year!
            Very surprised though as we are on a bit of a knife edge financially and it would have been all too easy to say "yes".
            Another review, increased loan to pay off your credit card yet not compulsion on you to close the credit card accounts(plus the useless packaged account at £12.95 per month).

Comment

[QUOTE=dogtired;204937]No , but he did try the home insurance and did not know what to say when I asked him what happened after the year!
              Very surprised though as we are on a bit of a knife edge financially and it would have been all too easy to say "yes

well done and congratulations to you d.t it couid,nt have been easy turning that lot down,it wouid have just dropped you deeper in it wouid,nt it.As nattie said it,s a totally expensive useless package with no advantages unless you want to go abroad and get cheaper holiday insurance and let,s face it who can afford to go abroad these days.

Comment

[quote=cappo;205027]
                Very surprised though as we are on a bit of a knife edge financially and it would have been all too easy to say "yes

well done and congratulations to you d.t it couid,nt have been easy turning that lot down,it wouid have just dropped you deeper in it wouid,nt it.As nattie said it,s a totally expensive useless package with no advantages unless you want to go abroad and get cheaper holiday insurance and let,s face it who can afford to go abroad these days.
                I told him that tried to sell the mobile phone insurance and break down insurance but again didnt know what to say when I told him my mobile is almost four years old and is the cheapest pay as you go phone I could get and that we already have breakdown along with the car insurance!
                and how come something i had to pay a fee for actually was supposed to pay me money!
                no it wasnt easy ! :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

[QUOTE=dogtired;205037]
                  Originally posted by cappo View Post

I told him that tried to sell the mobile phone insurance and break down insurance but again didnt know what to say when I told him my mobile is almost four years old and is the cheapest pay as you go phone I could get and that we already have breakdown along with the car insurance!
                  and how come something i had to pay a fee for actually was supposed to pay me money!
                  no it wasnt easy ! :tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                  I would add that their illustrators are usually based on Breakdown cover no discounts(I saved £24.50 this year on the quoted price), on expensive phone insurance that, unless you are really vain or forgetful(in which case you should not be allowed to have a mobile phone) you'll lose.

Glad to see they didn't get towards overseas holidays cos unless you got their bonus for this year(more than likely to be 10% of their own yearly salary) you wouldn't be getting.

Next time they offer you Advantage Gold, ask them if they pay a monthly fee themselves for the account. If they say YES, then tell them that they shouldn't be paying for it.

Just so you can see what they were selling you for £12.95 and what they get for FREE.
                  RBS - Your Bank - Gold Accounts

BTW, only time I ever had a packaged account was when I didn't pay for it

Comment

Mmm very interesting!
                    When we opened the account they did do it as advantage goldl and when I realised i went into the branch and asked it just to be an ordinary currant account they did this and actually refunded a months worth of fees!

Comment

Mmm very interesting!
                      When we opened the account they did do it as advantage goldl and when I realised i went into the branch and asked it just to be an ordinary currant account they did this and actually refunded a months worth of fees!
                      bankers are cowboys why did we trust them for all those years when the sun shines they give you an umbrella when it rains they take it back again.

Comment

They are, just waitng for The Lone Ranger!

Comment

They are, just waitng for The Lone Ranger!

ha ha your right there d.t

Comment

Barclays are at it now, just got mail shot from them asking me if i want to have a new Barclay Card as I had done so well in paying them off once!
                            I am getting worried, has my very dark credit rating suddenly been washed clean!:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Barclays are at it now, just got mail shot from them asking me if i want to have a new Barclay Card as I had done so well in paying them off once!
                              I am getting worried, has my very dark credit rating suddenly been washed clean!:tinysmile_aha_t:
                              I get marketing stuff from them as well as tesco et al. I have two piles of stuff, one for the paper recyling and one for the shredder. Works wonders.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X