• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

transfering money from one account to the other ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: transfering money from one account to the other ?

yes it doing same with me . i keep replying and having to start again . aaaarrrrrr

Comment

It is a bit slow.
      The account in question is a First Reserve Account with Natwest. Which seems to be an account for the younger customers jointly with a parent or guardian

Additional Terms and Conditions for First Reserve,
      Diamond Reserve and Reward Reserve Accounts
      Operations on the account

• Lodgements for any amount can be made by Bank Giro Credit at any
      of our branches or at any other bank. A small direct charge for this
      service may be made by any other bank. Wages and salary
      lodgements are not permitted on the account.
      • Standing Orders and Direct Debit payments are not permitted from the
      account.

Additional Terms and Conditions for First Reserve
      Availability
      • The account is available to private individuals and trustees as a
      personal account only. We may write to your parent(s)/guardian(s) if
      you are under 16 to advise that an account has been opened.
      • If at any time we receive instructions to withdraw funds from the
      account and there are insufficient funds available to cover the
      withdrawal, we may exercise our sole discretion and, without
      contacting you refuse to pay some or all of the items.
      • For the purposes of assessing whether you have sufficient funds
      available to cover the withdrawal we will look at the cleared balance on
      your account at 3.30pm on the working weekday before we receive the
      instruction to withdraw funds.
      • Examples of our receiving instructions to withdraw funds include cases
      where:
      – you withdraw money from a cash machine
      – you carry out a Solo transaction
      – you request us to make payments by any electronic means
      – any other transaction on your account falls due for payment.
      • Any debit interest payable will be charged to the account at the start of
      each quarter.

What type of account is in arrears with the overdraft? Have you been informed of the arrears and when?

Comment

the other account is advantage gold account .yes he is aware of o/d .

Comment

Thanks Phoenix thats what i was missing the account type.
          They should never of accepted the wages? So this is classed mainly as a children's account, doesn't that make what they have allowed quiet a serious breach of their own terms.

there must be some reason why they are not allowed or won't accept wages, possibly to stop aiding underage employment. if it is i think they have made a serious error.

Comment

Pam1... yeah, I can only presume that this type of account is directed at children and I agree, a serious breach of their own T&C's.

Kattie11.... you say he is aware but did Natwest contact him regarding the repayment demands on the overdraft?

(a) Overdrafts are repayable upon demand in accordance with normal
            banking practice. This means that at any time we may, on giving you
            written notice
            , withdraw your right to overdraw the account and
            demand immediate repayment of the overdraft. If we demand
            repayment of the overdraft, you must immediately stop issuing cheques
            and making withdrawals on the account.

Comment

Originally posted by pam1 View Post
              Thanks Phoenix thats what i was missing the account type.
              They should never of accepted the wages? So this is classed mainly as a children's account, doesn't that make what they have allowed quiet a serious breach of their own terms.

there must be some reason why they are not allowed or won't accept wages, possibly to stop aiding underage employment. if it is i think they have made a serious error.
              A Natwest First Reserve account is not aimed at children it is a adults deposit account
              My husband opened one earlier this year and he's 29
              and he did it all by himself lol

http://www.natwest.com/personal02.as.../FIRST_RESERVE
              Last edited by biscuits; 6th October 2007, 21:51:PM. Reason: put link in

Comment

Originally posted by callumsgran View Post
                A Natwest First Reserve account is not aimed at children it is a adults deposit account
                My husband opened one earlier this year and he's 29
                and he did it all by himself lol
                Thanks for that. but this is in their T&C's:

Availability

You have a talented Husband :roll:

Comment

He sure is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix View Post

Additional Terms and Conditions for First Reserve,
                    Diamond Reserve and Reward Reserve Accounts

Availability
                    was posted back up the thread.

Comment

Katie, is your partners account in his name only?
                      the one with overdraft.

Comment

From Natwests own policy on Set Off Creditor Balances

''In the eyes of the law the accounts must be beneficially owned by the same customer - thus excluding trust accounts for example - and have the same repayment term, tis normally means that the balances on the accounts are repayable by or to the customer on demand''

CASH ISA and TESSA accounts are excluded as would be any deposit account where the customer needs to give us notice to withdraw funds
                        Hope that helps too.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya Katie

As I see it the main issue is to get your partner and yourself back in control of the money you have coming in so you can use it to live on.

On Monday open a basic bank account at a different bank and get all the details changed for payments on child benefit/tax credits and the salary payments.

Write to Natwest with a repayment proposal temporarily of an amount you can afford to repay - theres letters in the debt forum to help you with that - I think we can add something about the cock up with this reserve account too just to push their hand a little. This should release the money for the moment.

Get in touch with CCCS (consumer credit counselling service) and get your budgeting and creditor repayments sorted out so you can handle them easily.

Hope that helps, I do think arguing about the banking code and T&Cs of right of offset is worthwhile on a technical level, but the main aim is to get u some money available to live, and to get your debts sorted out....so I dont tink getting too bogged down in legalities etc of stuff is going to help you
                          immediately.

also - had natwest seen the account was being used incorrectly you'd have been paying money into the indebted account or another natwest account and it would have been held in off set anyways. so not sure arguing they breached their T&Cs helps you particularly.

Shall I duck ?
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 6th October 2007, 22:52:PM.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I do agree with Amethyst. The most important and immediate action, is too ensure you have money to live on.
                            You do have to sort out a repayment plan with natwest and if I was u, I would sort it out personally
                            CCCS are very helpful and the letter templates available here will help.

Once your accounts have been transferred, and a payment plan, with accompanying letter as Amethyst mentioned, has been sent, you could request an explanation of their actions.
                            Being bogged down with company policy and legalities, is not what you want to be dealing with at this stage.

I may be wrong here, slap me very hard if I am, but using a trust account as a sort of current account is not going to help matters. Ensure all your income is going to an account, whereby NO debts are owed to that bank.
                            That's what we did, it gives you space to breath.

You can slap me now....harder.

keep us informed.

Comment

I may be wrong but i do think they let you pay wages in, i'll ask hubby in the morning
                              I'm sure thats why he opened his account as we were having probs with a bank at the time
                              Like i say dont quote me or jump on me from a great height cos i could be wrong¬!

Comment

Katie if you want a breather and to be able to hold your cash before any other blitter..

Try Brittania, I started with them to have a break so i could see all my money and monitor it myself but I never left that was near on 2 year ago lol

They allow money in benfits/wages and you can have cheques made up for bills, with no charge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X