• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lindseyb v abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindseyb v abbey

Hi all!

I was hoping for a little help if poss on a claim I have with abbey. Heres the background history ( as short as poss) - I had 2 accounts with abbey dating back to 2005 both with overdrafts. I asked for charges back on both accounts in 2005/6 which were refunded, with just a few letters.

I then had more charges so I asked again for them back, this time with more letters and the withdrawal of both overdrafts, by this time I had opened a new account so these accounts were no longer used. Abbey agreed to refund the 2nd lot of charges back in Dec 2007, I had asked them to refund more of the charges into 1 account to pay off that overdraft and then I had offered to pay an amount each month to pay back the remaining overdraft on the other account.

Unfortunatly in the time they agreed to pay back the charges a further £300 worth of charges were added to the 2nd account. This then ment there was still an outstanding balance of £300 on 1 account and about £500 on the other. Due to this being about the time of the test case abbey wouldn't do anything about it so I complained to FO and also started court proceedings on the account with the largest outstanding debt. This debt was mainly made up of charges.

My claim was issued on 10th nov 09, and I had to fill in an Allocation questionnaire which I did, and then I recived Abbey's defence all standard pre-printed stuff. Then in Feb 10 I recieved an Order from the court to say the claim was stayed until 30th June 10.

I then didn't hear anything else except Abbey sending me bank statements each month adding another £50 in charges on. They now say I owe well over £1000 so its more than doubled.

I then got a letter dated 17th December as they have asked the court for a Unless order. Saying that I need to amend my particulars of Claim with 6 wks or its struck out. I'm guessing a number of people have just got these, but I'm at a bit of a loss on how to reply back.

I am in and have been in financial hardship throughout all of this with repayment plans set up with all my debtors, back in 2007 when Abbey had agreed to refund the charges I had explain that I was in hardship and because I had paid my mortgage and coucil tax they didn't class me as, although I was behind on everything else!

As this has been going on for soooooo long I just want it over with and I would be happy to pay part of the original overdraft back but not all the extra charges they have added since. I didn't think that if an account was in dispute they could do this anyway? Do I need to explain this to the court? I cann't afford to pay back all the money they now say I owe. Can someone pls help as I know I have to reply back soon but just not sure how to do so.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X