• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

what is required for permission of access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is required for permission of access

hi can any one tell me what my dad would have to do before he dies to allow access to his bank account after he has passed away?? he has decided he wants me his daughter, to over see the money he has saved. he has put money away in his normal bank account for his and mums and disabled brothers funerals. he wants me to take care of the money and pay for his funeral and make sure money stays in account for the other too funerals when it is needed. how would i get access? would he need to put something in writing now? his bank account is only in his name , not his and mums. Also woould he need to write down his wishes? he doesnt want to write a will as such just wants me to over see things. there are 5 children altogether. i think he doesnt want them getting hold of pennies and then nothing being left for mum to live on and pay for funerals etc. he also has another savings account which i set up in mums and my names for money to help mum when he has gone. his name is not on this and no one but the 3 of us know about it , will this be safe. or will things get frozen when he passes.

Re: what is required for permission of access

There is good information here on what to do.

Dealing with a deceased person's money and property : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights

He should make a will, which need not be expensive and in that, he can detail precisely what he wants to be done.

Comment

Re: what is required for permission of access

THANK U the information on there is very useful i just need to get dad to realise how important it is to write a will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X