• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Packaged Account Fees

Did we have to sign for a packaged account??

I'm sure this never happened......

Comment

You must do.

Comment

I'm sure we never did on any of them.....

Comment

Might be worth telling FOS then.

Comment

I am going to check an earlier email, because this was raised I'm sure of it (we been dealing with my complaint by email) that was my preferred method of contact. At least this way it's easier to track things down and even remind the adjudicator. (who seems to have missed a few of our points we made towards the complaint).

Comment

I am going to be cracking on with further details to send to the Adjudicator......

hope to get this with her by early part of the new week..........please wish me luck! Cheers. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Not had the chance to send the written information to the adjudicator yet, but did send the loan agreements on Friday and said I shall be sending the reasons on why we disagree with them, and strange that we receive an email today (Sunday) and she is now saying she has lots of information from Lloyds and us, and that she will be reviewing that will take a little time to review.

I never realised they would be working on a Sunday so they must be busy lol.

Dear

Thank you for your email.

I think I have all the information I need from both parties now - as both you and Lloyds have provided a lot of information, I will need time to review this properly.

I will update you again once I have reviewed the information and formed an opinion on the complaint.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  Hold on, it was only 8 days ago that they e-mailed you to say they were going to get back to Lloyds for the information on preferential rates. I can't believe that they did this, Lloyds located the information and responded with it and then the adjudicator made his decision all within 5 or 6 working days.

I'd get back to him and question him on this.
                  Arh right, just posted an email above about this, as the adjudicator emailed me today (Sunday)a bit late on getting back on my email sent about the above)!

Comment

Well no news to tell yet. Wonder how long a review will take hmmmm!

Comment

Well at least they're reviewing it meaning that you're in a better position than you were a few weeks ago.

Comment

Yes true lol, see what happens now.

With the first decision they did recommend to uphold then the following reject, so maybe and hopefully 3rd time lucky, fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi
                          I put this in the Natwest section but no reply so:
                          I have been rattling about on MSE and CAG trying to find help with this. Martin Lewis's email started me thinking about whether I could do anything but I find the forum section for bank reclaiming on MSE not hugely helpful..
                          I wanted a bank account 7 years ago and went to Natwest. Straight away they pushed me into the Advantage Gold account and how the bank employing 'sold' it to me was this was the only account I would be able to get, it would improve my credit rating (which wasn't wonderful at that time) and would stand me in good stead if I wanted a loan i the future. It came with all these 'benefits' which were sold on the basis of being a bonus rather than what the £12 a month was paying for, rather like getting those Natwest piggy banks for kids accounts. I pointed out to the staff member I already had breakdown cover and we were covered for our phones through our house insurance and had travel insurance elsewhere but the guy said they were just a bonus and that all accounts would have a monthly fee from then on. So I took the account and never thought more of it. Nobody ever said to register for anything.
                          A year ago I stopped using the account and to be honest completely forgot about the monthly payment for the Advantage Gold account.
                          Until I found out I owed over £800 in charges accrued for non payment of the monthly A.G fee :tinysmile_aha_t:
                          How I found out was it came up in a credit search because my husband was trying to buy a business and so I paid the £800+ quickly to make sure his loan went through.
                          But I am a bit gutted that I had £800 in charges purely for these AG fees (yes I know I should have opened my Natwest letters but I didn't open them because I wasn't using the account. I thought they were just occasional interest statements - more fool me!) and even more gutted that I might not have had to pay these fees in the first place because they might have been missold.
                          I never used any of the services because I didn't need any of them (as I told the staff member)
                          Do I have a claim at all?

Comment

You should start by making a formal complaint for the mis-selling of the account giving all the reasons you have outlined.

Comment

Decision unchanged, if i disagree to let them know now or by 5th Dec with any other info.

I will try posting this up later, not happy.
                              I dont usually give up but dont feel i can give anything further, they just dont believe us by the seems of it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Di. Doesn't sound like the decision was based on facts and was based on the presumption you would have been better of with the fee-paying accounts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X