• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Packaged Account Fees

I should hopefully hear of the Adjudicators opinion by the end of this week! :-/

Comment

I heard and its not good!!

Adjudicator now decided not to uphold and go by the preferential rates!!

I need to get back as soon as poss in order for them to look into or move on to the ombudsman.

How can the adjudicator decide to uphold at first in August as she was persuaded that having reviewed our evidence she recommended that it should be upheld, as we we were under the impression that we had to pay for all lloyds tsb bank account.
      And now she is saying the opposite.

I have kept all emails, any ideas please folks, this is my last chance?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        I heard and its not good!!

Adjudicator now decided not to uphold and go by the preferential rates!!
        Hold on, it was only 8 days ago that they e-mailed you to say they were going to get back to Lloyds for the information on preferential rates. I can't believe that they did this, Lloyds located the information and responded with it and then the adjudicator made his decision all within 5 or 6 working days.

I'd get back to him and question him on this.

Comment

Thank you EXC

Yes I know!

The adjudicator did say that Lloyds did get back about 2 gold service loans, where we would have benefitted but I am going to ask for proof of what they did send.

There was no mention of the loans when he plantinum and premier account were upgraded, so I think I should send them the list I had from the SAR.

Comment

Yes I think you need to impress on the adjudicator that the issue is did you actually benefit overall by having the paid for accounts and not whether would have done in theory.

Comment

Thanks agan for your help EXC your a star!

I just emailed now and mentioned that and of other loans that were not mentioned under the packaged accounts, I said I require the info and need to know in order to continue with sending further info.

I also raised the matter that originally in August after going through our evidence with her senior colleague it was suggested they uphold (I take it a Senior is obviously someone above her) who helped come to the opinion of then upholding it on the basis that we did not know we could have a fee free account.
              (I kept the email as proof to say she was waiting for a senior colleague to go through our evidence back in August).

Comment

Right ok just had an email back, please let me know what you think......

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

Lloyds has informed me that you took out two gold service loans in January and November 2001. It has been unable to provide me with details of the preferential rate you received or of the rate you would have received had you not held a gold service account. It is unable to do this as you took out the loans over 10 years ago.

I had to form my opinion based on what I consider most likely in the circumstances. Given the evidence both you and Lloyds have provided, it is clear you benefitted from some preferential rate on your loans through having this account. As you took out the first gold service loan at around the same time your account was upgraded, I think it is reasonable to assume this is why you agreed to upgrade. As you have stated that you took out other loans during that period, I think it is also reasonable to conclude that the benefit you received outweighed the cost of the account – as is clearly the case for the subsequent upgrades.

I understand it must be frustrating as due to the passage of time there is limited information from the initial upgrade. However I would like to assure you that I have considered all the information provided by both parties. I have formed my opinion on what I consider most likely to have happened given the circumstances and the evidence provided. You are welcome to provide me with further information relating to the loans – however if my view remains unchanged you can request that your complaint is passed to an ombudsman for a final decision.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Right ok just had an email back, please let me know what you think......

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

Lloyds has informed me that you took out two gold service loans in January and November 2001. It has been unable to provide me with details of the preferential rate you received or of the rate you would have received had you not held a gold service account. It is unable to do this as you took out the loans over 10 years ago.

I had to form my opinion based on what I consider most likely in the circumstances. Given the evidence both you and Lloyds have provided, it is clear you benefitted from some preferential rate on your loans through having this account. As you took out the first gold service loan at around the same time your account was upgraded, I think it is reasonable to assume this is why you agreed to upgrade. As you have stated that you took out other loans during that period, I think it is also reasonable to conclude that the benefit you received outweighed the cost of the account – as is clearly the case for the subsequent upgrades.

I understand it must be frustrating as due to the passage of time there is limited information from the initial upgrade. However I would like to assure you that I have considered all the information provided by both parties. I have formed my opinion on what I consider most likely to have happened given the circumstances and the evidence provided. You are welcome to provide me with further information relating to the loans – however if my view remains unchanged you can request that your complaint is passed to an ombudsman for a final decision.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator
                  In regards of her email as just posted above, I have all details of ALL loans, I note she said Lloyds could not go back that far.

What I do have is a list I received within a SAR via loans from then 90's to 2007, she seems to think that I would have benefitted, so how can I prove otherwise.

Going by a post above by another member who posted on here about 2 weeks ago said it was unlikely as such, so I take it I'm to find the agreements??

Comment

A loan whilst under a Premier account in 2007,taken out months on after they upgraded was buy now pay later loan, at 15.5%

Interest rate 14.53% per annum (Rate applied throughout period of statement to the whole outstanding balance.

84 months.

Now is that what they would call preferential under a premier account does anyone know please? thanks.

Comment

I think the adjudicator is just assuming we would have benefitted, despite Lloyds not providing the evidence - in which we did say a week or so ago that we can provide the details if required, but she never asked for them and just assumed without the evidence.

No mention of loans taken out in 2007 when we were under their Premier account though!!! Only he gold account loans from 2001!!

Comment

I emailed a list of all the accounts held with the bank with starting and closing dates of all finance with Lloyds since 1996, account numbers too,and since I put the question forward about despite the packaged accounts and if we would really actually benefit (As this as they confirmed was not proved by Lloyds) as they confirm little info received from them........

Done that a little while ago, will check my emails......

Her opinion has gone by "more likely" is that really good enough though?

Comment

In regards of the above email I said I sent, I just had an email now, this is what it says........

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email – the attachments have been safely received.

In answer to your previous question, loan agreements would be helpful in that it will show the rate you received by having the gold account. However Lloyds is unable to provide me with details of the rate you would have had, if you had not held the gold account.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator

Comment

I would also challenge him on his assumption that I think it is reasonable to assume this is why you agreed to upgrade and remind him why he implicitly doesn't accept your reasons as to why you landed up with paid-for accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              I would also challenge him on his assumption that I think it is reasonable to assume this is why you agreed to upgrade and remind him why he implicitly doesn't accept your reasons as to why you landed up with paid-for accounts.
                              Yes I shall do that also, as I was astonished when I came across that part of it, Cheers.

Comment

I have boxes full of SAR lol, and thankfully saved some of the loan agreements online including the ones from the 90's.

So the loan agreements will show the rate on what the Adjudicator wants to see, but still even though,your right what you said EXC, it just doesnt seem right or even fair in my opinion on how they are dealing with this.
                                Considering as well it was upheld in August and now lloyds making assumptions but not proving it, well not with the loans anyway.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X