• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Packaged Account Fees

Thank you DT, I really hope so hun x:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Yeah good luck Di.

Comment

Thank you too EXC X

Comment

At one part of my complaint I did raise up the fact of the Income eligibility to be eligible for certain packaged accounts, for example £6K for Gold Service, £35K for Platinum and £60 Premier, then did read an article on google search that this may not always be the case as long as the customers had a good credit rating and were long term customers.

Now when it came to both Plat/Prem even as joint we were never receiving that stated income, so we were also told by the Adjudicator that the Ombudsman had wanted clarification on these points.
          Not sure if this will go in our favour or not but when the last Adjudicator was dealing with this complaint ,she never once raised this up on any of her decisions, nor nothing about our pre med conditions.

This was the email received a few days ago when asked what info they want from Lloyds......

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your emails.

In October 2013, you provided information regarding the eligibility requirements for various packaged accounts with Lloyds, to Ms Jarrold (Previous Adjudicator). Specifically these related to the minimum income required in order to obtain the accounts.

To ensure that all the necessary information is available, the ombudsman has asked that Lloyds provides its comments on this. We have provisionally given a deadline of 28 February 2014 but this may be extended should the business require more time to respond.

I will email to confirm when we receive the response from the business. I will also contact you, should the ombudsman require further information from you.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

I am wondering why the original adjudicator left, but my gosh my cases were literally messed up, all evidence I sent was being used against us "so wrong"!

As the new Adjudicator says though, the Ombudsman will be looking at everything fresh.

Still baffles me that it was at one point recommended to have it upheld, but LLoyds did not like it, so from then on our evidence we provided which was more than what Lloyds could provide them with was used against our complaint TUT TUT, this was also confirmed by us to the Ombudsman!

Comment

Agree Di FOS seem to be siding with the banks quite a lot, don't they?
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Yes they do DT. Have started a thread on the VIP section too.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Did you take out separate breakdown cover?

they didn't really stop selling the account, they renamed it and changed the way the benefits were explained. Even if you might not have a case from 2001, you most certainly do from 2003 since you were lied to blatantly and is something that bank staff were told to do. When the bank responds then please do tell us what they say, I quite like having to go after NatWest....
                  No I never needed breakdown cover as I don't own a car or have a drivers licence I never have, I also wouldn't have been able to benefit from kitchen appliance protection or any mortgage stuff as I don't own my own home and have always lived with my parents. Also after going through all my paperwork I found I actually took out travel insurance in Sept 2003 with my travel agent. I have also found my account welcome package and the travel insurance was basic didn't cover personal money or any legal expenses. Doesn't even mention cover for a passport. hence why I took out other cover. I owned a phone but going by the travel insurance excess the phone wasn't worth that lol I have found the way back when machine for web archives and the preference rates for loans credit cards and overdrafts were high. 18% apr for a cc and 19.9% for a loan! My Credit card rate from Egg was much lower in 2003. I have also found that Nationwide were offering a free account that gave benefits and all of the rates for any borrowing were lower than with AG. Does anyone have an NatWest interest rates from 2001 from a free account (that's if anyone was able to get any credit without it)

Good Luck DogTired and Di fingers crossed you guys get some good news. It says a lot that the adjudicator left! I would think sacked was probably the reason.

Comment

Just to let everyone know. I sent off an email using the CEO addresses website to Natwest about the AG account I had and today I had a phone call telling they are upholding my complaint and all fees to be refunded plus interest. They said they had thoroughly investigated it and said that she would give me a call back once the cheque was sent! They admitted that they never sent me notifications of fee increases and the information given at the point of sale was incorrect!

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                      Just to let everyone know. I sent off an email using the CEO addresses website to Natwest about the AG account I had and today I had a phone call telling they are upholding my complaint and all fees to be refunded plus interest. They said they had thoroughly investigated it and said that she would give me a call back once the cheque was sent! They admitted that they never sent me notifications of fee increases and the information given at the point of sale was incorrect!
                      It always bugs me that when I am online most of the time on here, there is not much to do and when I see your post yesterday(but reading it tonight), I think...bingo we have a winner only for that enthusiasm to be drowned out by the fact that you WON WON WON!!! I'm delighted for you and disappointed I couldn't break the news that you had a very good case the day before they told you, lol!!!
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Super news. Well done loulouxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                          Fab new honey!
                          Congratulations, so happy for you! :tinysmile_twink_t2: x

Comment

Well done Lou ! xx
                            Last edited by dogtired; 8th March 2014, 17:08:PM.
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Thanks Guys! The whole call was a bit surreal and they admitted that they had never sent me any fee increase updates or even the whole welcome pack. The breakdown cover wasn't in the package until 2008 lol so I think this was based on the fact I had no other options given to me and all the info at the point of sale was wrong and that I hadn't received any change notifications. She also mentioned that by the looks of my credit card, overdraft and loans I didn't receive any special rates either. Really hope there will other successes and this win should give a bit of hope. Now my fight with capital one will rage on compared to the success of yesterday, this morning I got a letter with an offer of £18.24 but they don't accept liability as they haven't conducted a full investigation. I'm sure they think I'll take it and run haha they have no idea!

Di just one quick thing you have 3 package accounts with Lloyds now surely you would've been covered for 1. If it helps try the way back when search engine for the bank's site because that should show the interests rates for that date. I did that and pointed out that the rates on the AG tariff guide were higher than a free account. If not there are normally reviews from people who have used that bank I found reviews and use what I had found and then it came out that I didn't actually receive any discount.

Comment

Thanks Loulou X

Mine is rather complexed via Lloyds, as hubby moved from his savings account mid 1990's to join me on the fee free account, and were then charged about £8 per month on the classic account via overdraft as they were known then as service charges, when they advised us they "upgraded" us to GOLD account (without us actually agreeing to it) the charges were then the same per month at £8, little were we aware it was a packaged account as such as the Welcome booklet arrived in the post some weeks after we noted our statements stated GOLD account, this was questioned and was told as we were paying the same amount in service charges with the fee free account it was more beneficial for us to have a packaged account for the same charge, little did we know about the account and the benefits on that account 9/10 of them were already covered, and we didnt know that we had to register for some of the accounts.

Yes we did take out loans throughout the years but not because of them being rated to the benefits, we would have taken the loans anyway whatever account held, as we did when we had a free free bank account.

Anyway, long story short, the Adjudicator from the FOS did at first uphold this in our favour, the bank provided them with little info and what we did provide them with was then twisted and used against us, so with the bank not liking the decision, the adjudicator (who has now recently left the business) decided to change her mind on the decision she made previously.

We decided to take it to the Ombudsman, and now its being freshly looked at again.

I have pre health conditions as well and never been abroard, never held a passport, breakdown was provided with hubby's employer union package and lots of other same benefits.

When I get a min I will message you with the letter sent to the Ombudsman in regards of our case, and in hope she will see what is what here lol, fingers crossed.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X