• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest V Womble28 Loan and overdraft repayment demands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest V Womble28 Loan and overdraft repayment demands

Hi all,

Hoping for some advice here.

I have banked with Nat West for 19 years and have an advantage Gold Account with overdraft facilities and a personal bank loan. Never having had any issues with the bank previously, after being unemployed for 14 months following redundancy my loan protection insurance has now ended and the bank are demanding that payments be reinstituted with immediate effect. I have been unable to meet these for the past two months and the bank are now calling in the loan under a default notice by 9th April if arrears and charges are not paid. They are threatening court action in the event that payment is not received by that date.

My Advantage Gold account has been operating on an overdraft facility of £1500 and their charges have now taken this to £1681.50 (over the limit) They are now demanding the total be repaid immediately (as the overdraft is payable on demand) and failure to agree to this will result in termination of my account and subsequent court action. They have already cancelled my cheque card and asked for any cheque books to be returned immediately.

They are suggesting I make an alternative agreement for repayment, however they are demanding far more on a monthly basis than I'm currently able to afford on benefits. and their charges are more than the benefit I am receiving.

Would I be able to make a nominal gesture payment to the bank for both the overdraft and the loan until I return to gainful employment and in the event they do not accept, what are my alternatives?

Thanks for any help and advice here. These people are getting really Sh....ty and they do not want to help at all. I am suffering extreme financial difficulties and they won't listen. Please help. :cry:

Regards

Womble28

Re: Natwest V Womble28 Loan and overdraft repayment demands

Can I ask whether you use any benefits of the advantage gold account which is costing you over £150.00 a year?

Comment

No, haven't used them at all in the past eighteen months

Comment

Originally posted by womble28 View Post
        No, haven't used them at all in the past eighteen months
        We can save you £150.00 a year straight away by cancelling the Advantage Gold. I suspect you may have used it for the loan, btw but if they say they have to re do the loan, ask them for the term in the loan that states they can renegotiate the loan by cancelling advantage gold facility on the account(it is an extras so get them to change it to a current plus)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X