• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat West hidden charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat West hidden charges

some three years ago i wrote to Nat West and told them i was having financial difficulty and could not repay an overdraft of some £3000.
    They wrote back advising i get in touch with an agency which i did CCCS.
    Now three years on and me thinking i have reduced the debt to about £1500 i get a debt collector letter telling me i owes Nat Wst £4,300.
    I telephoned Nat West who told me there was an interest of 17.93% being applied to the account all this time .
    Through CCCS i was paying £40 per month to Nat West but the bank tell me my debt was over £50m per month .
    I was never informed of this interest raste and have not been advised of it .
    CCCS were not informed of the interest either and tell me they were not informed of this by the bank.
    The bank seemed happy for the last 3 or 4 years to accept this payment and now all of a sudden out of the blue i get this shocker.
    In all if they say i NOW owe them £4234.26 plus the £1500 ihave already paid then the debt of £3,000 or so is now £5700 pounds .
    any help or addvise would be gratefully recieved .
    I have written for a letter advising me of all charges payments and current debt but am unsure how to carry on.
    Does this not stink of hidden charges
    regards

Re: Nat West hidden charges

Hi there

Before you started with CCCS had Natwest defaulted you on the overdraft debt or was the debt still live on your account ? Was the £3000 overdraft within your overdraft limit when you ran into problems ?

Who is the Debt Collector ? are they threatening court action ?

CCCS should have done their job properly and asked for interest to be frozen and charges halted on the account, and communicated that back to you.

Have you had any statements from Natwest over the last three years (you should have annual statement although I think that only applies since 2007 due to regulatory changes so will check on that)

Do you own your own home ?

I presume your income and expenditure sheet shows you can only afford £40 a month - are you still banking with Natwest and have your circumstances altered recently (eg a bigger income going into your account)

If Natwest don't come back to you with all the information you have asked for then it may be an idea to do a full subject access request under the data protection act, which should give you copies of any communications with CCCS.

Ame
    xx
    Last edited by Amethyst; 18th January 2010, 07:47:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nat West had not defaulted but they could see i was having problems.
      The Debt Collector is Wescot although having spoken to them they refered me back to Nat West ( Triton Services )
      I have had no statements from them all this time . On speaking to CCCS they tell me they have had little communication from them either . The guy i spoke to at Triton told me that as i had used a third party ( CCCS ) then that is who they would have dealt with .They stopped my account instantly . I do not own my own home , strangly the guy at Triton seemed to like this fact . He had quite a snigger in his voice and said something like " we like this " , a strange thing to say.
      I have on the advice of CCCS sent a registered letter to Nat West asking for all charges etc on the account and a copy of any letters i have signed with them
      Regards

Cryingfish

Comment

Hi
        Please help.
        I have heard from nat west after i asked them for a list of charges using a template letter .
        The reply is that because the account i am querying is a current account rather than a loan and the information i am asking for is an overdraft then this is not covered under section 74(1)(b) of the CCA , as they say that overdrafts are exempt from part 5 of the CCA .
        They say that the lack of agreement does not cause my debt to unenforceable and the details contained in the statement of account can be found on my account statements. ( of which i have recieved none in the last 3 years.
        If you read my initial post you will see my problem in full .
        It is not that i am trying to get out of paying the debt ( alredy paid £1500 of it ) it is the hidden charges and non contact for 3 years that frustrates me
        Please any ideas anyone
        Regards

Comment

Did CCCS give you the letter to send or did you find one across the forums ? It sounds as though you sent a CCA request (consumer credit act) rather than a subject access request under the data protection act ? if you post up a copy or a link to what you sent we'll know and can fix it with either the right letter or smacking natwests hands xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
            The letter was sent to me by CCCS , it was only a template but yes it was a CCA request. Looks like i need something else.
            Cannot believe this has happened but am determined to get justice , any help is appreciated
            Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X