• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclays are incompetent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclays are incompetent

I did post this on another similar forum, but I was told basically that I was naive and that I should have purchased a telephone recording device, which according to their link was £97.50!. So I have decided to stop lurking on here and ask you lot instead. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Here is the post

Im soo annoyed On the 28th of Sept my car insurance was due to come out of my account, but my wages were not due into my account until the 29th of the month. I have recently changed job and my pay date has moved to the end of the month. I had moved all of my other DD's but for some reason forgot this one. Anyway I telephoned the bank on the Saturday and told the customer service person about my problem and they said that they would honour the payment and there would be no charge on the account.....SORTED!

A few days later I looked at my account and saw that they had bounced my payment to my insurance company and then I got a letter to say that I had been charged £8

I telephoned customer services again and a complaint was opened and the advisor said they were sorry but I should never have been informed that the payment would not be bounced. However on this occasion as I was misinformed they would not charge me £8.

Then a week or so later I get my statement and the £8 charge is on there AGAIN

So again I telephone customer service and this time I get put through to some snooty woman in complaints and she is adamant that the £8 is correct and that they were correct to charge and it is going to be charged to my account. I was furious!...I had been told twice before that the money would not be charged. I asked for her to listen to the conversations that I had, had with the other customer service people in which they stated that they money would not be charged to my account due to being misinformed.

At the start of last week I received a letter from complaints and in it they stated that they were correct to charge the money blah blah however on this occasion the money would not be charged to my account. Finally after too much of my time had been wasted common sense had prevailed!

This morning I checked my account online and they have charged the £8 to my account

I know its only £8, but its the point. Can you advise what else I can do, obviously going the correct route through Barclays complaints is not working, and then there is the matter of the time that I have wasted on this, not to mention the phonecalls.

Re: barclays are incompetent

Give them 14 days to put your account back into the position it was in before the charges were applied or you will start the claim process and take them to court once the stay is lifted, if need be.
    The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Thankyou. So I should write a letter. Do you think I am reasonable to ask for compensation for loss of my time and phonecalls etc, sorting out this silly £8...honestly I did wonder if it was all worth if, but then I got annoyed its not the money its the principal of the whole thing.

Also would it worth my time to write to the financial ombudsman.

Comment

Can completely understand the principle and yes I think it is completely reasonable to ask for the cost of phonecalls sorting it out.

I would be tempted to respond to that letter reminding them they said they would remove it and that they haven't, and outline what it has cost you, explain your disappointment in the service received and how it has damaged your faith in them as your bank, not sure I would go to court with it - but if they dont come back properly with a sensible resolution take it to the Financial Ombudsman (and tell them you intend doing so)

Just because its only £8 doesnt mean its any less important than if it was £100.

I;ll get you the name who I wrote to to sort my barclays issue out, see if they can help better than the customer service bods.

(here - Ms Summers, Customer Relations Manager,

Barclays Bank PLC
        1 Churchill Place
        FREEPOST
        RTLA-CSUE-TCHC
        London
        E14 5HP
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Follow the above advice and as a guide for how much to charge them for your time. Tell them that you will require £35. They can hardly complain, since until very recently they charged this for not paying a direct debit, so it seems a fair price for all the telephone calls and other messing around they have put you to.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X