• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwuss!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwuss!

Last week I got an A4 print out on my Nat west account. On it, it stated 5 "statement produced" (I only use the account 3-4 times a month). I haven't received any statements for at least 6 months, so this am I went in to my local branch to find out why. I left my phone no. Received call just now, apparently, it's because the account was due to be closed in January, when I claimed back the 1st lot of charges! And was given a number as it was not something they could sort for me.
    Got through to Credit Management, chappy forgot to introduce himself so I asked his name. I explained the "account was supposed to be closed in January, and someone forgot!!! and chappy said the account was in the process of being closed, to which I said, that takes 8 months? chappy said, was I still crediting the account? i said yes, and got the reply...."How do you expect us to close your account if you keep crediting and debiting it?" (My fault...wicked little bitch I am!). convo went something like....your a Bank, if you want the account closed you'll close it....We have a set process, the account has to be unused for 10 days.....So if I put in 1p every week, you can't close it? nice to know I have more power than the Banks!.....We'll put a something (can't remenber what he called it) on your account to stop you using it......See told you, you could've closed it if you wanted to!....
    Pointed out it was retalitory for claiming my charges, and that I'm not willing to leave it like that.
    Anyway, got to go back down local branch, as I still don't know where my statements are, they can phone CM for me, and pay for the call!
    Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
    Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
    HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Re: Natwuss!

Ok, I knew this already, that the account once at CMS will be shut so if the account was with them prior to claiming then yes, i would say it was retaliatory otherwise it is not. If the account is dormant for 2 weeks ie 10 working days no debits or credits then it will be shut. If you put 1p into every week it would remain open.

Comment

Nat West have finally got round to sending me a letter saying their gonna close my account. (Dated 19/03/08 that's a year and 2 months!):faint2:
      They write to tell me "The indeptedness to the bank in relation to the above accounts has now been discharged"! :crazy:My account has stayed in credit since they paid back my £9k worth of charges last February.
      Anyway, any credit will be forwarded to me by cheque, (lot a good that'll do if I haven't got an account to pay it into. And I can't get a new account due to the defaults they put on last year, while I was reclaiming my charges:rant, providing no further transactions are posted to the accounts". (sounds like they wanna keep it if I keep putting it in)

I've not had a statement for 17 months, I believe that's not allowed.:tsk:

I think it's time I got off my ass and wrote some letters, fill in some complaints, and kicked some butt.:hungry:

Should I do seperate complains for each account, and / or each complaint, as I seen it said this would cost them muchas dosh to the FOS, but I don't see how it can be of benefit. :confused2:

Thanks PO.
      Last edited by peed 'orf; 26th March 2008, 20:15:PM. Reason: OFC...FOS ???????

Comment

Hey Pee'd - yes go kick some butt. You won't get it reopened though - the FOS like a bit of retalitory account closure ass kicking so complain to them - just one will do unless you fancy more, but you'll need to get a basic account up and running to get the money.

Then we going to work on these dodgy default markers on your credit file ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The account once it is at credit management services is that it will be closed. With regards to a new account, can the post office not open a basic account for you or Co-operative Bank? By all means kick ass but by continuing to pay into it, they cannot close it.
          The decision to close it is non negotiable. The defaults, were they with regards to NatWest as well? I do have another line of attack potentially.

Comment

The defaults are from Nat West they were for charges that were applied during the process of going to Court. They were put on my file the same week as NW paid up, which put the account back in credit and it's stayed in credit since. I had sent them a dispute letter which they didn't respond to.
            I'm planning on taking it further when the OFT case finishes, due to... because of these defaults we couldn't get a better deal on our Mortgage, and had to sell the house b4 it was reposessed.

Comment

were the defaults higher than the actual pay out to you?

Comment

No, one was £120ish the other was £350ish. The 1st claim paid £9.5k the 2nd paid just over £1k.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X