• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

This might be completely Hatstand, but .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might be completely Hatstand, but .....

With the value of Bank Reclaims, has anyone considered using a Statutory Demand against the banks for the return of charges.
    After all they, or the DCA's, misuse them for debt collection activities.
    We had a recent CapQuest SD served for an overdraft !!!

I also remember reading about one being served on HSBC for judgemented charges from a CMC.

Probably totally barking, but there you go..

Thoughts, or should I crawl back under my rock

Re: This might be completely Hatstand, but .....

How would that work cos that sounds interesting?

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yeah exactly....

Would rather short circuit the court process.

Comment

In order for a Statutory Demand to work, you would need to prove that the debt was owed and that there was no dispute. A Statutory Demand is not to be taken lightly, either by the issuing party or the recipient. If there is any dispute as to the validity of the alleged debt, then issuing a Statutory Demand can backfire quite spectacularly.

I would not issue one unless I had already obtained judgment for example, or in the event of a bounced cheque, although there are other methods of recovering money that might be more appropriate in both instances.

Comment

I think you have to be 'certain' the debtor (bank) owes you the money and there can't be any doubt/issues. I would guess AFTER the test case conclusion and whatnot then possibly if the bank refused to pay you COULD use one to get fast payment. If there is any doubt then, as you know, they can be set aside with a costs risk to the claimant.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

oh poo, sorry Cet, crossed with you teach me to refresh first.

Hey at least we agree, makes a change lol
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

That would be magic if all goes our way, an SD from every claimant who is owed over £750, what is it 21 days to pay or else? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                  In order for a Statutory Demand to work, you would need to prove that the debt was owed and that there was no dispute.
                  And there's the CRUNCH !!!

Comment

Just imagine all those burly bailiffs (allegedly) marching into the banks a serving them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X