• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are banks acting as Shadow Directors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are banks acting as Shadow Directors?

Hi,
    I hope someone will be able to answer this rather complex question:

I and many other Company Directors were forced by our Bank manager to use a firm of third party Consultants in order to retain funding and support from the bank. It wasn't optional but conditional (and in writing). In some cases the manager went one step further and put members of the Consultancy firm into clients businesses as Directors or even as CEO. He also gave these Consultants full fiduciary powers. In all cases, the clients were forced to act on the instruction or directions of the Consultants - or the bank would pull the plug.
    The bank manager was eventually sacked. Since he left, 50+ Companies he involved with the Consultancy firm have gone bust (administration, liquidation or dissolved) at a cost of millions to the bank, the customers and the unsecured creditors.
    My question is - was the bank itself acting as a Shadow Director in these Companies even although they were doing it at arms length?

Many thanks in advance for any answers.
    Span

Re: Are banks acting as Shadow Directors?

You are talking about HBOS I assume?

Comment

HBOS? Very possibly but the question is quite generic. I do wonder if the consultancy issue is quite a broad and worrying one. For example - does Nat west operate a similar situation?

Comment

I have to admit ignorance on the business side. If you see my location you may probably guess why I have said that bank specifically as there has been a long running issue highlighted in the local press here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X