• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

halifax "charges as notified"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halifax "charges as notified"

Hi there!

I used to live en the UK for one and a half years before coming back to france last summer. I still own a current bank account at Halifax, which I don t use anymore.

But since, october 2008, they have been charging me with "charges as notified" once a month.
    When I left england, i left my bank account open with some money in, just in case I go back. But as they are charging me every month 28 pounds, I am currently overdraft, and they want to take me to court and to pay 112 pound that correspond to these charges as notified they take.

When they started to charge me, I wasn t overdraft, these charges are the cause I am now.

So I would need your help to better understand these charges, and to know what are my rights regarding the situation.

thanks a lot for your help and I am looking forward to an answer.

julien

Re: halifax "charges as notified"

A warm welcome to the forum. Had you received charges before on the account? Do you still have internet access to the account or can you see how or if the account went overdrawn either just before or just after you left the UK?

Comment

I still have internet access indeed, and it appears that the first time they charged me was late october as I was more than £500 positive. then it has happenned every end of month.
      I stopped using my account mid november and left it open with £5 on it. since then, every month I have been charged with £28, which has caused my overdraft. And this is this money they are asking me to pay back now...
      Wouldit be helful if I show you the statements?

thanks for your help.

Julien

Comment

So the balance on this account should actually be £5 and the whole of the rest of the balance is made up of charges?

Comment

exactly!

Comment

You have a number of options. You can wait until they issue a claim against you and then file a Defence and Counterclaim, you could ignore them, or you could issue a claim against them for this sum before they issue against you.

Do you have an address (in England or Wales) from where you could issue a claim, or where they could serve on on you?

Comment

Write to them and point this out. Inform them their charges are unlawful and that they should return the balance to £5.

If you need any help with the letter, let me know.

Comment

I think I will be ok with the letter !
                thanks again with your help, I keep you posted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X