• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thriftkitten v Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thriftkitten v Natwest

Can I be dumb Nattie and ask what a full subject access request is as Im dreading ploughing through the statements and just wanted a list of charges if possible.
    Thriftkitten....
    Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Re: NatWest Contact Details for Bank Charges claims and PPI claims

Originally posted by Thriftkitten View Post
    Can I be dumb Nattie and ask what a full subject access request is as Im dreading ploughing through the statements and just wanted a list of charges if possible.
    A Warm Welcome to the forum, I was just about to reply to your PM on MSE so I can kill two birds with one stone. Will ask admin to move your thread to one of your own.
    Data Protection Manager
    Regulatory Risk
    2nd Floor
    Business House B
    Goggarburn
    PO Box 1000
    Edinburgh
    EH12 1HQ

However, have you got internet banking?

Comment

Re: Thriftkitten v Natwest

Thanks for the warm welcome Nattie, I must admit to chasing your tail a little as you seem to be the star of the show, so was eager to get a response from you, I dont have internet banking for Natwest as it is for an old closed defaulted account, I struggled like hell as a student on a graduate account to settle everything with them even though they were slapping charges on left right and centre at the time and then they saw fit to place a default/ settled on it, which I noticed when viewing my credit files online, so will also be challenging them about evidence regarding warning of default at some point.
      Would be nice to get that removed if nothing else, but I have to crawl before I dash for the finish post! I do have internet banking with Lloyds though and am chasing them also however I have already called them and they have debited a tenner out of the account ( which Im sure they will charge me for) for the statements, I do have a lot of statements here for Lloyds but trying to make head nor tail of them is another thing, they have a sly way of hiding them and the account is all T*ts up as they keep changing overdraft limits (2 change letter in 1 day) but still continue to charge me 120 a month in charges even though I have had a payment plan to pay 50 back a month, btw the account is open but nothing goes out only the 50 a month goes in.
      Thriftkitten....
      Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Comment

Natwest's statements aren't that bad to go through, tbh. All you need is a highlighter pen lol. Familiarise yourself with their charges (9, 12, 12.95 for A/Gold etc, 30 for referrals, 38 for bouced cheques, d/ds) then when you get the statements these figures will jump out at you. Just highlight or mark them, transfer to a spreadsheet and there you go.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks, Here's to hoping, is there also a template for requesting a list of charges or should I just pop the cheque in with a written request and need I send it recorded or normal delivery to the above address please.
          Thriftkitten....

Comment

There's a template in the library if you have a mooch in there.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Ok template sar's for bank charges sent today for Natwest and Lloyds along with the cheque's, wasn't sure if I was meant to send registered or not so I did anyway Here's to 40 days and counting!!!!!, Feeling better now the mist is clearing..... Gonna print off Income and expenditure sheet and make copies of all debtors chasing me ready for the next letter claiming charges back under the Financial Hardhip route, I think I'm on track so far but if I have missed anything or you can suggest any additional info to send to them then please let me know, Thanks to all who have helped so far.
              Thriftkitten....

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftkitten View Post
                Ok template sar's for bank charges sent today for Natwest and Lloyds along with the cheque's, wasn't sure if I was meant to send registered or not so I did anyway Here's to 40 days and counting!!!!!, Feeling better now the mist is clearing..... Gonna print off Income and expenditure sheet and make copies of all debtors chasing me ready for the next letter claiming charges back under the Financial Hardhip route, I think I'm on track so far but if I have missed anything or you can suggest any additional info to send to them then please let me know, Thanks to all who have helped so far.
                You're doing fine. Keep us updated.

Comment

Letter back from Natpest Oops! stating that in order to proceed they need me to provide them with a letter containing my signature as they need this to verify me.....
                  D'oh did I miss something h ere, I just sent a recorded post SAR with name printed and signature, also a cheque for 10 pound WITH MY SIGNATURE
                  They sent it all back without the SAR but with my cheque attached but gave me a reference number stating any correspondence should have this on.
                  I'm assuming that this is the usual way of stalling for time, as this is a closed settled defaulted account from about 3 years ago.
                  My response was....

Dear Ms Kirkland
                  Please accept my appologies should I have forgotten to apply my signature at the end of the previous letter.
                  I request a full outline of my charges and a duplicated request of additional information as requested in the previous letter.
                  Enclosed is a cheque for the maximum fee so that you may provide this service to me.
                  Please refer to my previous subject access request and note that this letter is only for my personal signature requested by yourself.

signed XXXX
                  I am hoping this is ok as Im really terrible with words and letters, will send this recorded today back to her.
                  Thriftkitten....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X