• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rooftop mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooftop mortgages

Hi im really desparate for help its making me ill. My dad (a IFA at the time since been struck off and been made bankrupt) applied for a self cert buy to let mortgage in my name the property was bought from him at an over inflated value with a lender called edeus. Over the years the lender then changed to wave and then rooftop its been interest only for 14 years and the term ends next week. There is a mortgage of 176k and flat is worth bout 100k ive tried throughout this year to negotiate with rooftop offering proposals of selling it etc providing income expediture info on their request but then alls gone quiet. My little girls has had cancer during this period and my income reduced being self employed ive never missed a mortgage payment in 14 yrs and ive got no means of paying the 76k shortfall. What can i do??? What happens do they me me bankrupt? If so what is that process? The mortgage on the house i live in is in my husbands name and is paid from his sole bank acc. Is my home at risk?
    Tags: None

First of all, talk to them. Confirm whatever decision you reach by email.

I am not quite sure - your father applied for a mortgage in your name, but you end by saying it is in your husband's name.

Comment

No my father applied for the buy to let in my name, our house we live in the mortgage is in his name so im hoping rooftop have no claim. Ive tried speaking to tjem since feb 22 providing proposals income expenditure valuations for the buy to let but they just keep ing me seek independent advice

Comment

Something in what you say does not add up. Obtain the Land Registry title document for the property and check who is shown as proprietor and what charges are registered. Your home could well be at risk.

You should indeed seek independent advice.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I am the owner on land registry

Comment

That is half the answer.

Does this lender have a registered charge?
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Good morning, I have a mortgage with rooftop, it was previously bought by jpmorganchase, who sold my mortgage to rooftop. They have told me I am on tge Bank if England rate, plus Libor rate plus 3% whatever that means.
              I have been stuck on a interest only account with them since 2009, they have made it very hard to change to repayment.
              whenever I have tried they have said your mortgage repayment will be over a 1000 a month. More recently i tried again they said i can repay at 1481 a month and they will extend tge mortgage to an extra 5 years only. Ive only 104 months left.
              ​​1000.i am trying to remortgage to get away from this company now I am finally earning decent money.

When your sold onto the company you have no choice or say. They have separated charges and this is costing me extra, I owe 190 and interest. They said it was because i had not got insurance on my property so charged me 40 a month for a few months which has accumulated to nearly 200 pounds.
              They are not honest and not helpful.
              I'm having to start all over again from scratch, this company would not give me a new mortgage they said we don't sell mortgages, we just have the debts, we will not let you port your mortgage, no buy to let option and no help to put onto repayment.
              I've nit missed a payment but they keep putting the interest rate up and it's becoming hard for me to keep up with thus interest only.
              This company are horrible.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X