• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWest suspended my account with no reason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest suspended my account with no reason

Today at 10:11am I received a text message saying the following :

IMPORTANT

In line with your Terms and Conditions, we've reviewed your banking arrangements with us and made the decision that we can no longer offer you these facilities. We're sending you this message because your accounts have been suspended, however we'll also send you a letter to advise of this decision and what you need to do next. We appreciate you may have questions but please note we are unable to discuss the rationale for this decision either in a branch or over the phone.

I tried calling and was told that they did not know the reason. I also went to a branch who said they don’t know.

Whilst talking to live chat agent called Pulkit at around 12am he said that I could go into the branch and withdraw up to £2000. At the branch they told me that I could only withdraw £250. This is ridiculous. My account has been wrongfully suspended with no explanation. I have no access to my wages and as a result was unable to go to work today due to travel cost etc.

I even tried to go to different banks to open new accounts all rejected. Which is weird because my credit score wasn’t that bad etc.

I have not done anything illegal. No fraud. All money in my account was legally made. I can provide payslips.

Live chat has just told me to wait 3 days for letter. But I’m not a patient person. Is there anything I can do? Has this happened to anyone before ?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi BRIT.D1

There could be a number of reasons, it could be that somebody has 'stolen your identity' and carried out fraudulent transactions.

What you could email the bank's Data Protection Team a SAR, they have 30 days to send you all the data on your account, that might throw something up.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

What you could do immediately is email a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened (funds frozen), why it's a problem for you (can't access wages to get to work) and what you want them to do about it. Don't forget to mention the mixed information the bank has given you, withdrawal £250 / £200). Explain that if it isn't sorted out, you will lodge a complaint with the FOS.

Email it to:

David Lindberg
    Chief Executive Officer
    Retail Bank
    Nat West Bank

david.lindberg@natwest.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X