• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank was frozen now isn't.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank was frozen now isn't.

A year and half ago my account was frozen and i was asked to attend a police interview. After the interview the police said no further action is going to be taken. 2 months ago I got a letter from the courts and the police informing me that my account was no longer to be frozen.

It stated that a letter had sent to the bank instructing them to release the funds being held. That was 2 months ago. The bank is now stonewalling me. They just keep telling me that someone will be in touch any time I contact them

I have signed letter by judge stating the funds are to be released.

I'm at Aloss as what I can do do now
    Tags: None

Hi SIMPLE45

Send the bank a letter (send it recorded deliver or certificate of posting), tell them they have 7 days to release the funds to you. Tell them you needed to use those funds for day to day expenditure i.e. food etc. Tell them you expect to be compensated by them for the stress this has caused you. Tell them if they can't release the funds and compensate you, you want a final response / deadlock letter. Then lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service after 7 Days.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers

Comment

Thanks I'll do that.

I'm right in thinking they have no legal right to keep the money do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Simple45 View Post
        Thanks I'll do that.

I'm right in thinking they have no legal right to keep the money do they?
        If the following is correct and there isn't anything else, they've been asked to release the funds, but they haven't done so.

'2 months ago I got a letter from the courts and the police informing me that my account was no longer to be frozen.

It stated that a letter had sent to the bank instructing them to release the funds being held.'

Comment

That is all correct. I have 3 letters now all saying it's to be released. 2 from the courts, one is signed by the judge. The other is from the police

Comment

Do the things in post 2, do everything in writing, keep copies.

Comment

Well I sent the letter. No reply to that either

Comment

Originally posted by Simple45 View Post
                Well I sent the letter. No reply to that either
                There could be all sorts of reasons for the delay in responding. Make your complaint to the FOS, explain that you've given the bank more then enough time previously.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X