• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help needed Re DD taken TOO early and for TOO much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed Re DD taken TOO early and for TOO much

I am in urgent need of some advice

I have a payment arrangement with LLoyds collections dept for my loan (Loans Direct) for £20 per month to be taken by DD on the 19th of each month (I have this in writing)

Well having just checked my account on line I find that they have taken the ful amount of £142 out of my account today but dated with tomorrows date.
    I called the loans dept who said I have to call another dept tomorrow, so I then call the general enquires line and asked that under the DD guarantee that they refund the full amount back into my account immediately. The woman on the other end of the phone said she couldn't do that and againthat I need to speak to a different dept and that I will have to phone tomorrow and go through it all again with someone else and then they will transfer my call, apparently I can only be put through from customer services as theres no external number.

I question is

Am I correct that under the DD guarantee ndemnity scheme that they HAVE to refund it immediately as the DD has been taken on the wrong date AND for the wrong amount.

If so

Is there and specifics that I need to quote when asking for this as it has left me totally pennyless and I need to put petrol in the car to get to the doctors tommorrow afternoon

Thanks

Shooter

Please move if this is in the wrong Place
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Re: Urgent help needed Re DD taken TOO early and for TOO much

Do you mean that you have an arrangment to pay £20 per month instead of the full £142?

Comment

Direct Debit - your rights

That is the DD guarantee scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
        Do you mean that you have an arrangment to pay £20 per month instead of the full £142?
        Yes I have a reduced payment arrangement due to claiming hardship criterior in a stayed claim for bank charges

Full details are here

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=9830

hope that helps

Shooter

Last edited by shooter; 16th February 2009, 09:39:AM.
        Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Sorted out now thanks I have put what happened in the above thread
          xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X