• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banks buy outs and bail outs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks buy outs and bail outs.

What it means for the taxpayer

The £500 billion rescue package announced last week meant that every UK taxpayer was already liable for almost £20,000 each in terms of loans and Government guarantees, though in reality we were never likely to be called upon to hand over any of that money, provided the banking system did not completely collapse.
    The dramatic escalation in the amount of money the Government is now prepared to invest in banks, however, means that tax rises have become a realistic possibility.

Why are we bailing out the banks

I still cannot see why the government have bailed out the banks with our money. They actually employ a very small proportion of the population compared to the likes of Woolworths and other companies. They were and still are failing the needs of their members, letting companies go into administration by not leanding and awarding themselves massive bonuses. I would have prefered the bail out of manufacturers and shops, keeping 10,000s of people off of social benefits and saving livelyhoods. The whole thing stinks of the old boys network, ex bank chiefs getting jobs watching over the dealings of the banks? Is it a case of you scratch my back and I will give you a bonus? The whole thing needs a radical shake up and a re-think on what is right for everybody in society, not just those at the top.

GET A GRIP GORDON BROWN. You are failing us all and we will turn and fight back.
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X