• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scam claims company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam claims company

Ok I was contacted by a company today that stated the following.

"Hi mr Langley I represent a claims company and I understand thet you have a claim on hold with HSBC. Due to a change in the law , the banks are now obliged to pay out 100% of the fees that they have take off you over the last 6 years and for a one off fee our team of solicitors will draft up legal papers to ensure you receive this payment"

I then asked him had the test case been resolved in the last few days and she said "yes"

I pushed him on this and asked for a contact name and telephone number so I could get back to them, and he hung up.

I dont know how common place these phone calls are but I thought I better give a heads up.

Re: Scam claims company

If ''the banks are now obliged to pay out'' why on earth do they think you need a claims managment company?

Dweebs.

Comment

How did they know you have a claim against HSBC??????

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
        How did they know you have a claim against HSBC??????
        Good point, how the hell do they know what is in effect 'your' business ?

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
          Good point, how the hell do they know what is in effect 'your' business ?

If they do it's a worrying development

Comment

May be they are phishing.

The worrying thing is these scammers are making money by guessing HSBC (the UKs largest bank) in a time where nothing is resolved regarding the Test Case.

What happens when the Test Case is settled and people start expecting their banks to be paying out?

Also what are the chances of some one answering yes to the question: " we understand you bank with LLoyds TSB Halifax & Bank of Scotland Group? " who probably represent 50% of the market in charges through their "skilled" application there of

There must be millions of less informed bank clients out there who would fall for this type of scam, I heard of a company who called themselves "First Step"
            offering to cancel a loan for somebody who is in debt managent.

IF SOMETHING SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS
            Last edited by ROBSTER; 5th February 2009, 15:44:PM.
            The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

I tend to agree wuth Robster, that they may be fishing.

Originally posted by ROBSTER View Post

What happens when the Test Case is settled and people start expecting their banks to be paying out?
              We can only wonder. But according to the internal RBS document we gave the BBC, the OFT are ''putting systems in place to pro-actively refund customers''.

Whether that means just those who have or will file claims, who knows?

Comment

EXE did you get my PM??

Comment

Both Fishing & Phishing

Phishing:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
                  The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

I didnt proffer any information to them, they specifically said we are aware you have a claim against HSBC

Comment

this is the type of company who might have called you. Are they local to you? CMS

Googled their number

some people there calling them crooks and bbc have investigated.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08717899102

Which linked to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3827419.stm

Comment

CMS Investigations are in liquidation (they are the door knocking council compensations people)

CMS (Credit Management Services) are regulated by the MOJ but we have heard a number of stories over the last week or so of people being cold called by this company saying pretty much the same thing, as Tafflaff, and Agnes have posted recently.

I think I will put a warning up in the notices box not to respond to these type of calls.

I suspect when the Judgment is out in the next few weeks there will be a big surge in these kind of calls....we need people to wait and take the proper steps.

I will also put a complaint in to the MOJ.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

MoJ warns consumers over misleading claims - Legal Beagles
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X