• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays v Millie cat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays v Millie cat

Hi all i thought i'd tell you about last christmas when my hubby was signed of sick with stress after his Mum found she had Cacer and his Dad found out that he needs a new Kidney. as far as we we concerned my hubby was getting paid sick pay from work, It turns out that they had mest up his contract and had only put him down for statetory sick pay, knowing this i was not watching our bank a/c as we were in credit. as we had finaly payed up our overdraft. As i had assumed his sick pay was being payed we were only spending what we new we could, our overdraft was £2000 after christmas before new year the bank stoped me taking money out not only had we used our overdraft but they had allowed us another £1500 on top. up till before then you could only get £100 more, then they would stop you. If they had we would be fine now but we are still paying for it now over a year later. and his work never admitted they had mucked it up so we have had to pay it all our selves andwe are struggling with this and cant see the wood through the trees. We don't smoke, Drink or go out for meals i cook at home, and we've cut out as much as we can but we are now just existing.
    Can any of you help please.
    Sorry its a bit long winded.
    Millie cat
    x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
    As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Re: Barclays v Millie cat

Have you anything at all from your husbands work that he was meant to be on full pay rather than SSP ?

I assume quite a bit of the overdraft you are still repaying is charges which you are reclaiming?

Did the bank keep allowing DD's and SO's etc through despite being over your overdraft, and where there any letters from them at all in this period ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Barclays v Millie cat

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Have you anything at all from your husbands work that he was meant to be on full pay rather than SSP ?

I assume quite a bit of the overdraft you are still repaying is charges which you are reclaiming?

Did the bank keep allowing DD's and SO's etc through despite being over your overdraft, and where there any letters from them at all in this period ?
      Hi Amethyst,
      Thank you for you quick reply,
      No my husband was head hunted for a job that didn't exist, they were starting a new sector in thire wearhouse, the manager printed it on paper as an insentive for my hubby to leave his other job. unfortuneatly it doesn't have his signature or the firm header. It was ment to be on the contract but my husband nievely skimed through the contract thinking it was all there.
      So i have no doubt that we can't claim that back. they have refused saying it was not in the contract.
      I am claiming charges for those and some others that were before.
      and yes we are still paying for them.
      They did let all the DDs and SOs through and no not one letter untill after they had stopped my card.
      Any ideas please will this help with a hardship claim.
      any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Millie cat
      x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
      As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X