• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice needed re a transaction dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed re a transaction dispute

His my daughter who is a vulnerable adult noticed a transaction that she had not made for £164. She rang her bank and reported the transaction stating she had not made it. The bank refunded the money and she thought that was the end of the matter.

She has now received a letter from the bank stating they have investigated and found that the order was "linked" to her account the order went through Amazon and the item was delivered to some stranger the other end of the country? As such they are now going to take the money back out of her account?

She has been in touch with the bank who refuse to accept this has nothing to do with her and basically told her to phone this number and that number plus Amazon?

Due to the Covid19 issue she has been unable to contact Amazon. In the meantime if the TSB remove this money it will leave her and her partner unable to buy food or pay the rent.

Advice needed ASAP

Cheers Bill
    Tags: None

Hello

Your daughter needs to make a complaint to TSB. It seems odd that TSB are suggesting that they are taking the money back from her account just because the order was linked to her bank account. The fact that the order was delivered somewhere else would give rise to some suspicion that this was not authorised.

Either TSB are not giving a complete explanation as to why they think your daughter is responsible or your daughter may be omitting something she may be aware of.

Unfortunately this isn't a fast moving process, TSB will have 8 weeks to provide a written response to the complaint and your daughter can either accept their decision, make a further complaint to the Financial Ombudsman which will probably take another 8-12 weeks or longer given the current situation or take legal action. Alternatively, she can skip straight to the legal process but that will still take some time and won't be immediate, however the threat of legal action tends to focus the minds of everyone and take it a little more seriously.

I would be surprised if TSB would defend the £164 payment all the way to a hearing, since it would cost them a hell of a lot more to defend it than pay up.

It's your daughter's choice, but if shes expecting an immediate reaction, I wouldn't count on it. She can try to call TSB and reason with them to explain that this is a disputed matter and if they take her money then she will be left without food and rent and any losses following that will be at the expense of TSB, but there's no guarantee they will agree to anything.

Is there any way you or any other family member can help her out to plug the rent gap if TSB do take the money?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X