• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unauthorised Contract Renewal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorised Contract Renewal

Hi all
    I suspect this is becoming a regular situation, My daughters had a Healthcare plan, which expired in August 2008, in the small print, they gave her 14 days in which to NOT renew her policy, she didn't read this, so they continued taking her monthly premium, £54.00. She eventually rang them,and stopped the direct debit, but her bank Lloyds TSB continued to honour the direct debit, when a payment failed due to insufficient funds, Lloyds deducted £20 for a failed transaction, and then £90.000 for going overdrawn.

How can a company (Healthcare)continue with a policy, even if it hasn't been renewed, ?. and can my daughter claim the charges back from Lloyds, for allowing the direct debit to continue ? The healthcare company involved say no one rang to cancel the policy, or rather, not renew it.
    I had the exact same situation with Lloyds and my car insurance, because I didn't inform them NOT to renew it, they automatically sent me a new policy, so I had TWO insurance policies, which is illegal.
    We wrote to Lloyds recently.and told them to stop ALL direct debits, and only continue after receiving written confirmation from my daughter, because after the financial problems she had with her business, she has lost track on who has an authorised and valid direct debit agreement.
    I can see many other people having the same predicament, surely when a plan/policy ends, it,s up to the client whether they renew it, and should be cancelled unless it is agreed to be renewed.
    Any comments wold be apreciated

Razor

Re: Unauthorised Contract Renewal

As far as I am aware all contracts automatically renew - you have to cancel them its easier than having to physically renew contracts every year.

(I just had a quick look and my home insurance, pet insurance, mobile phone and car insurance all automatically renew. )

Maybe you could get your daughter to do and Income and Expenditure sheet to try and get her head round what should and shouldnt be coming out, I know it helps me to see it written down in black and white
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X