• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

orfoster -v- HBOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orfoster -v- HBOS

Hi everyone,

I am having problems with my new HBOS account with Bank Charges, recently my gf has had her hours reduced at work and we have incurred bank charges.

We have had £273 worth of charges since 18 November 2008.

I have written in to the Halifax to say we are suffering a hardship, they wrote back today to say:

"We have now completed a financial assessment of your current financial situation using the Common Finanical Statement you filled in.

The arrears with the council tax will be clear at the end of Jan 09 therefore there will be an extra £100pcm free.

This assessment of your case has shown that your income appears to exceed your expenditure"

I can't believe that they find it hard to say we aren't in difficulties.

They have included the leaflet for FOS.

We have had a £400pm reduction in wages and £273 worth of charges pm surely that is Financial Hardship?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: orfoster -v- HBOS

I would agree with you. Don't give up, write to them again and argue.

Comment

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I have drawn up the following letter. I won't enclose another schedule just send them a basic figure change.

"
      Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated 23 December 2008. I have noted your comments and your assessment of our financial situation.

I would urge you to reassess our claim for Financial Hardship.

My partner K has had a reduction in her hours of work reducing her income to currently £250pm. We are unsure how long this will continue.

You have charged us £273 in less than one month in charges, I would argue that this is a clear indication that we have less funds available. We have been borrowing money off relatives to try and keep the account in credit.

I ask again that you investigate the Hardship Claim and return the £273 of charges. This would help our financial situation.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours Faithfully"

What do you think? If there is anything I should add please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

I have edited my letter to say;

"
        Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated 23 December 2008. I have noted your comments and your assessment of our financial situation.

I would urge you to reassess our claim for Financial Hardship. I have enclosed a revised calculation of our current financial situation.

My partner K has had a reduction in her hours of work reducing her income to currently £250pm. We are unsure how long this will continue.

As you will see from the attached budget, I have -£133 per month currently after bills paid.

You have charged us £273 in less than one month in charges, I would argue that this is a clear indication that we have less funds available. We have been borrowing money off relatives to try and keep the account in credit.

According to an extract from the Financial Services Authority;
        2. a, evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment;
        b. evidence of the following events:
        i. items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;
        v. regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

All of the above factors apply to our situation, reduction in hours, items repeatidly being returned due to lack of funds, I have tried applying for overdrafts to help with our situation in the last few months.

I ask again that you investigate the Hardship Claim and return the £273 of charges. This would help our financial situation.

Yours Faithfully"
        Last edited by orfoster; 30th December 2008, 14:29:PM. Reason: name removed

Comment

The reduced hours were not in play until after you sent the original CFS, so they should look at it again with that taken into account. You are attaching a new CFS to this letter ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya,

Yes. I have done one of legal beagles very stylish spreadsheets showing the -£133.

I will send that today and await there response.

Comment

lovely :kiss: if you want me to look it over see if theres anything else they will try wangle on feel free to email it me.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Some slight edits for you in blue.

Dear Sirs,

I would urge you to reassess our claim for Financial Hardship. I have enclosed a revised calculation of our current financial situation.

As you will see from the attached budget, I have -£133 per month currently after bills paid.

You have charged us £273 in less than one month in charges, I would argue that this is a clear indication that we have fewer (not less) funds available. We have been borrowing money from relatives to try and keep the account in credit.

According to an extract from the Financial Services Authority;
                2. a, evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment;
                b. evidence of the following events:
                i. items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;
                v. regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

All of the above factors apply to our situation, reduction in hours, items repeatedly being returned due to lack of funds, I have tried applying for overdrafts to help with our situation in the last few months.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for editing my letter. I sent it on the 30th.

Charges over the last 48 hours have increased, now at £336!!!

I think i'm going to send another letter. I might also give them a call to see if they have processed it yet.

Comment

Lol charges now up to £401. I have phoned them today, they still haven't had my letters for Financial Hardship. Sending by Recorded Delivery monday just to make sure.

Comment

When you sent the last letter did you get proof of posting?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X