• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

******Veilside01702 vs Natwest Round 2 ******

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******Veilside01702 vs Natwest Round 2 ******

After having my claim settled on 27th June nasty have re-added some of the charges paid back already!!
    So back to court again.....
    Plus some additional charges added for july.....
    They have closed my account.....
    And are threatening court action to get the overdraft back again.....
    So also going to the Financial Ombudsman to complain about account closure....as it is retaliatory action for bringing a claim....
    I am sending first letter to nasty tomorrow.........
    And going for court enforcement of my Subject Access Request as they are now at about 96 days......
    Also they are adding interest to my account and still trying to enforce the debt recovery even after I put the Account in Dispute.....
    Russ
    Last edited by veilside01702; 12th July 2007, 19:06:PM. Reason: missed a bit....lol

They can still do that but they cannot register a default against your name if it is in dispute. I would complain because it does seem retaliatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
      but they cannot register a default against your name if it is in dispute.
      Which department deals with the defaults?
      Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
      Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
      HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

I have tried 3 times to pay them the overdraft in full but they keep refusing to take the money....
        I got my settlement and paid it into my HSBC account...waited for the cheque to clear then tried to find out the full amount they wanted...
        But all they say is pay by switch over the phone.....
        But I want a receipt for my money.......if I am paying them £3300 or more...
        But they cannot give me a final amount as they keep saying more charges and interest will be added....
        I just want to pay them off and get rid of them.....18 years and they treat customers like this.....
        I only got these charges in the first place after they accidentally cancelled my mortgage Direct debit twice.....
        AAARRRGGGHHH.............bloody banks!!

Comment

Right paid off £1300 today....so under the O/D limit......even though account was closed....lol
          Written first letter requesting £529.28 to be repaid.....

Anyone know if a CCA request is ok for overdrafts??
          As Natwest now class this as a debt.....not an overdraft.....so wouldn't it be covered under Consumer Credit act??
          Russ

Comment

Re: ******Veilside01702 vs Natwest Round 2 ******

Right...got letter 1 day before the oft announcement saying they would take between 6 and 8 weeks to investigate my complaint...
            The the OFT made their announcement....
            Today I got a letter from Natwest basically saying......gutted you have to wait for the test case.....
            Well gutted Natwest....the charges were taken from my benefits......see you in court!!
            And also they have failed to supply my SAR's info and are at about 120+ days....
            so going to hit them with that next week.....lol

Comment

you hit em....i'll kick em
              we'll get there in the end

Comment

veil, on this one kick them up the posterior because surely your case comes under the hardship test, actually the bank are taking state cash from your benefits when they pay tax. That is one way to recoup tax I suppose, charge at source, ie your benefit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X