• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amethyst v Nationwide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amethyst v Nationwide

Had a pants month with regards to money and have managed to incurr £120 of charges - which won't help considering my budget allows only £10 a month spare.

Sooo....I'm going to send an LBA then sue the buggers if they dont give it back straight off. No need for DPA as these are the first ones incurred at this account since last april so I done pretty well considering.

Will let u know
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Don't forget to read the FAQ's before you start and if you have any problems just give us a shout

Good luck x

Comment

Hey Ame.. I've got 2 LBA's going off today, so we're on about the same timescale.... Good good, means you can help me if I get stuck

Matt

Comment

Tut tut!!!
        You been overspending again?
        Naughty naughty

Comment

my bank statements dire reading goodness knows what happened - oh yes I know - I dont have any money

Waters sending bailiffs alledgedly for £280 - Mortgage wants £450 by wednesday.... balance of my current account (the only account I have) is £6.71 until the 15th July.

bugger bugger bugger bugger

I dont think nationwide take them out straight away do they ? So I have a month to try and get them back - any one know what date they try and take them ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nationwide charges

My Flexaccount statements are sent on 6th each. With the statement you get a separate sheet listing charges incurred the month of the statement, and itemising things such as returned DDs. You have 21 days notice of when the charges are taken out, so they come out around the 16th of the next month.

When they are taken, they now list them on the statement as 'Interest', presumably so that if in future you request statements, they can provide statements that don't actually describe the penalty charges as such.

They were quite easy to claim back from - I got 4k last month that has enabled me to survive and stave of creditors while I pursue other claims. They did not close the OD either, though this is due for revue early in August.

K.

Comment

When they are taken, they now list them on the statement as 'Interest',
              That's horrendous, can't you do something about that???

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post

When they are taken, they now list them on the statement as 'Interest', presumably so that if in future you request statements, they can provide statements that don't actually describe the penalty charges as such.
                Assuming this is correct (which I don't dispute) then surely we can challenge how much the rate is.. as interest must have a % rate. Which I'm sure they won't be able to come up with.

Interest is a 100% profit maker, by definition, so I think they'll get caught out with this.

JMO.

Matt

Comment

Kafka - if you have the notification of charges AND the statements which show the casual change from charges to interest surely they have shot themselves in the foot

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
                    That's horrendous, can't you do something about that???
                    The statements that include the repayments also refer to the money as 'Refund of Interest Charge'

3 simultaneous payments of £999.99 and another smaller one - all called Interest.

Comment

They've done this to me, on the rare occasion that they've refunded charges, they've called it a "refund of interest charge"

Not ever put a charge against me as interest though, but my charges go back a bit.

Matt

Comment

Kafka you're lucky to still have your account, the sods closed mine after my claim.

Comment

cill

I think it may be because I pay a big salary into the account every month, and since the last time I remortgaged over a year ago, I'm very careful not to exceed the OD limit.

I noticed when I was claiming that the letter refusing repayment was not the norm and did not threaten that I should be looking elsewhere. There seems to be a two-tier system (at least) and I get into the top one! Not for long maybe, because I may be out or work soon - LOL
                          Last edited by Kafka; 10th July 2007, 07:23:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Re: Amethyst v Nationwide

Any update on this one? some people just can't be bothered updating their posts

Comment

Re: Amethyst v Nationwide

cheeky mare.

ummm no no update.

I promise after half term I will try and sort my banks/claims/life out...
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X