• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

irresponsible lending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: irresponsible lending

Originally posted by qwedr View Post
    ok fair enough. i gather from what you are saying that you dont think there is any onus on them to check what is actually written on the forms.
    Well, yes I do think they should have checked, but also I think that some of the onus lies equally and squarely with you.

Comment

some of the loans were from the same group. i would have been moving money between various accounts. now you have mentioned this it would explain why i was also offered reasonable sized overdraft limits.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      amy,

you have a fairt point. but as things stand all of the onus lies with me
      Last edited by qwedr; 10th November 2008, 18:00:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by qwedr View Post
        some of the loans were from the same group. i would have been moving money between various accounts. now you have mentioned this it would explain why i was also offered reasonable sized overdraft limits.
        amy,

you have a fairt point. but as things stand all of the onus lies with me
        If you would like to have a chat in the chatroom, just let me know and we can talk through things if you like.

Comment

4.3 There is also pre-existing guidance, particularly that available in the OFT's
          Non-Status Lending Guidelines (OFT 192, revised in 1997). In terms of
          irresponsible lending, this focused primarily on issues related to the
          consumer's ability to repay any loan and to meet the terms of the
          agreement including:
          'Lenders should comply at all times with the principle of responsible
          lending. All underwriting decisions should be subject to a proper
          assessment of the borrower's ability to repay, taking full account of all
          relevant circumstances including the purpose of the loan, the borrower's
          income, outgoings, employment, age, state of health and previous credit
          history, and details of any other mortgages or loans or any life assurance

OFT
          Lenders should take all reasonable steps to verify the accuracy of
          information provided on or in support of the loan application. They should
          check any apparent omissions or discrepancies, and query any unusual
          features.

the last paragraph is the part that i think they have failed on.

i could of course just be talking through my pocket
          Last edited by qwedr; 10th November 2008, 18:18:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

A quick question.
            This loan is surely secured on your property anyway as it's too big for the 25k CCA limit.
            Or was this a number of smaller loans ??

Comment

a number of small loans

Comment

So do you own a property that they could come after?

Whilst I agree that it was outrageous that they didn't check the forms and 'proofs' better, I feel that if you try and go after them for that, they will come back even harder at you for fraud.

If you genuinely cannot manage any of these debts, then you may have to consider bankruptcy. It sounds like you need to start your finances over whatever you do.

I wish you good luck in your journey back to financial sanity x
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X