• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abbey bank charges

Have you actually had a summons from MBNA/Restons now?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks, yes got it today
      xx

Comment

Okay thanks Judith - can you post up the text from the Particulars of Claim on the summons please. (leave off account number etc)

Ta xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

thanks xx
          do i have to scan it then ??

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have had a message off Amy explaining everything and i will go through your spreadsheets and everything else this evening.

You have 14 days to acknowledge the claim from MBNA so don't panic will probably be tmw as I want to talk to Amy and Budgie too.

We have your phone number so if your internet goes off we will stay in touch okay
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have modded your posts with attachements as there were a couple details on, me, amy and bud can still see them and i will sort them out later on xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Thanks for that.

I have had a message off Amy explaining everything and i will go through your spreadsheets and everything else this evening.

You have 14 days to acknowledge the claim from MBNA so don't panic will probably be tmw as I want to talk to Amy and Budgie too.

We have your phone number so if your internet goes off we will stay in touch okay

ok thanks alot look forward to hearing from if you need anything elsr from me just ask
                :santa3:

Comment

Even if litigation is contemplated or more importantly in progress the solicitor MUST still comply with a SAR

Comment

Okay judith, Abbey are taking only 6 years worth of charges into account, so back to November 2002 which is approx £3300, then offering you 65% of that so the offer of approx £2200 is about right for an interim hardship offer so I would accept it.

the rest of the claim will stand and you can go argue the limitations act when the test case is over with
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Regarding the MBNA claim...we will defend that partially.

The collection charge we will definately defend fully. I had a similar claim against me, which resulted in a charging order, and the judge wiped off the £1k collection charge and ordered installments at a rate i could afford with a charging order. Guess what - that was Restons too and was £6k odd.

I have to go to shops but will go through everything later.

What charges are there on this account?

We also need to sort the SAR and write back re the CCA.

Also when you have done the IE can you email me a scan of it pls. ta.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Read my thread here Judith - similar claim off Restons - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=2025

They claimed
                        DATE.........ITEM........ ..........VALUE
                        10/08/06 Default Balance .........£6058.41
                        10/08/06. Collection Charge........£1009.93
                        Post Refrl Cr ...........NIL

TOTAL: - £7068.34
                        which led to....

Upon sitting at Northmapton county court on reading papers filed

it is ordered that:-

1 the judgement entered against the defendant on 27th october for payment of 6058.41 and 410 costs payable forthwith

2 The claimant may apply for a charging order at once

3 Apart from a charging order all other execution is stayed so long as the defendant pays 66.30 month

4 Any party affected by this order may apply within 7 days after service of it to vary amend or set aside
                        So I pay £66.30 a month
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Regarding the MBNA claim...we will defend that partially.

The collection charge we will definately defend fully. I had a similar claim against me, which resulted in a charging order, and the judge wiped off the £1k collection charge and ordered installments at a rate i could afford with a charging order. Guess what - that was Restons too and was £6k odd.

I have to go to shops but will go through everything later.

What charges are there on this account?

We also need to sort the SAR and write back re the CCA.

Also when you have done the IE can you email me a scan of it pls. ta.
                          many thanks xx getting very confused what is the IE ?? it maybe a good idea to speak on the phone later today so i can give you the full story
                          thanks
                          judy
                          xx:grinningelf:

Comment

Ame means your Income and Expenditure form.

Comment

For my referece re MBNA

OFT 664 unfair practises

2.10 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

c. not giving an indication in credit agreements of the amount of any
                              charges payable on default
                              d. applying unreasonable charges, for example, charges not based on actual
                              and necessary costs
                              e. applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

For my referece re MBNA

OFT 664 unfair practises

and necessary costs

still dont understand where we are going with this ?? i got the summons 15/12/08 i sent mbna a letter with £10.00 fee on the 5/12/08 are they allowed to summons me ??? when i still have ot had a reply back from them ??
                                thanks
                                judy
                                xx:27:
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                For my referece re MBNA

OFT 664 unfair practises

and necessary costs

also did you get my attachments that i uploaded ?? and what do you think
                                thanks
                                judy
                                xx
                                :cancan:
                                Last edited by judith; 16th December 2008, 21:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X