• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest mess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest mess

Having a nightmare with Natwest at the moment.
    I phoned in May, to ask for an overdraft, it all went ok, the girl said it will be in the bank in a few days, it wasn't.
    So I rang and was told it will be in two days.
    It wasn't, rang again and told it will be in two days.
    Went round to my ex's to pick up the mail, there's a letter from Natwest saying someone has asked for an O/D from my account, I need to confirm it's me before they can do this.
    Puzzled I rang, girl said that I should've gone into the bank to change my address and that was why the O/D had not been added to my account.
    I pointed out that as my bank statements had been coming to my new address they obviously accepted it so why send the letter to my old address, it would have made more sense to send the letter to both address's. She was very apologetic about how much I had been messed about so I asked that as a goodwill gesture would she remove two lots of charges from my account? She said she couldn't as they were nothing to do with the O/D not going on, I replied that I realised this but it would be good PR, so she agreed (they were removed btw).
    Anyway, still no O/D, I rang, told two days.
    Went into the bank, where I am told that I have incurred charges during this time!!
    I said I wanted them removed emmediately as I had been told the O/D would be on the account and would have covered the money going out.
    The guy said he couldn't do this but would contact head office and recommend this as it was not my mistake.
    Finally I get the O/D!!!
    Then I get my bank statements saying I have got charges.
    And, not only that, because they took the charges there wasn't enough money for a DD so got more.
    Also every time I rang it was suggested I do online banking.
    So I did, set it all up.
    Then needed to transfer money from one account to the other to cover a DD, but found I needed an activation code. So I rang to do it, but was told that as I am now doing online banking I could no longer do telephone banking! I said that nowhere on their site did it say this and I was ever told this.
    Anyway, got charges for this too.
    I went into the bank, by this time I have 2 x £28 and 2 x £30.
    Had to make a statement for them to foreward to be 'investigated', promised I will be phoned within two days with an outcome.
    No phone call, but a letter a week later saying still checking it.
    After another two letters from them they aid they will wipe off one £30 charge.
    I rang (again!!) the guy said the one caused by the online mess up had been wiped but not the others. He said that I hadn't asked for the O/D until two weeks after I got the charges!! This is not true at all.
    Now I have to either write to them, or email, to state my case of why I shouldn't have to pay and how they were caused by their mistakes. Then they will listen to the recordings of me phoning.
    I am greatly puzzled that they can admit they were so much in the wrong that they removed charges that had nothing to do with the mess, then not return the charges that were!
    Will email them tomorrow, trouble is I have no idea of dates of phoning for them to check the phone logs. I rang them loads during this time to make sure I had enough funds in the appropriate accounts to cover what was going out (it was just after leaving OH so was setting up paying bills etc)
    So angry with them about all this. All those phone calls to make sure I didn't get charges and I still end up with £86 charges!
    Sally xx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: Natwest mess

And I was criticised recently for suggesting that people stop using the telephone!

You are going to have to guess, unless you can find an itemised bill which will show you the dates and times that you telephoned.

Here endeth the lesson...

Comment

lol
      Have I told you lately that I love you Claude!!!
      Maybe some will be there, but I also rang from work, will check my phone bills - never open them, not sure if they are itemised.
      Sally xx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Well I wrote down basically what I wrote above and said while I had no idea of the dates and times, their own records would show when I phoned. And while I can't prove when I asked for the O/D the fact that charges were returned (the ones that had nothing to do with this but done as PR) shows that I must have been in the right.
        Anyway, I rang them a week ago, but still no decision.
        Then today I looked at my online banking and they've all been returned!
        In fact, either there was yet another charge I wasn't aware of, or they have repaid too much!
        2x28 and 2x30
        Really pleased, although really it should never have been taken.
        I did put in the letter that as a way of making up for all the stress, maybe they could wipe out a charge coming (due now). I bought something online when the money was in my account, they took it three weeks later when there was none.
        Maybe they've repaid £30 that they will be taking as the charge on the 31st.
        Anyway, just goes to show perseverance works.
        Don't take a refusal as the final word, appeal.
        Sally xx

Comment

well done Sal glad to see it worked out for you,gives others a bit of hope too
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X