• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to forum, desperately need help with a DCA! WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to this forum and desperately need help with a DC

YAY!!! Cel and the Clogster,,well done xxxxx :spy: hoto:

Comment

• Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to this forum and desperately need help with a DC

This is such good news :high5: Well done to all involved :dance:

Hopefully this isn't the end of the story because the individuals behind this scam need to be put out of business - although they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that themselves :grin:

It must be a real relief to the poor 80 year old grandmother who should not have been targetted. Perhaps Cloggy can add a photo of her to his collection hoto: and then offer the whole story to the Manchester Evening News including a link to LB for anyone else who has fallen foul of this scam. Every cloud has a silver lining :beagle: :beagle::beagle:

Comment

• Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to forum, desperately need help with a DCA! WON!!

Regarding the formal notice of Bankruptcy, the DCA has no rights whatsoever to issue Bankruptcy proceedings, this can only be done by the Creditor who presumably is the Landlord.
        If the Grandmother gets issued with a Statutory Demand (Section 6.1 is the correct form), then she needs to Apply to her local County Court for Bankruptcy to have it "Set Aside". This has to be done within 21 days of the service of the Statutory demand upon the Grandmother. (If it was sent through the post and they try to proceed with a Bankruptcy Petition you will have an argument that the Statutory Demand was never served upon the Grandmother.
        It is very dangerous for anyone to issue a Statutory Demand against an individual if the Courts have not already issued a Judgement in favour of the Claimant as if it was Set Aside then whoever issued it would be laible for the costs of the hearing. I would therefore presume that this is a threat of some sort in order to try and frighten the Respondent (the Grandmother) into paying the money, although the use of a Statutory demand to as a debt collection tool is not allowed, it is for Insolvency. Do not pay any money to the D.C.A. as there is no legal authority for a D.C.A. to actually collect any debt unless they have purchased it themselves. You should also report the D.C.A. to the OFT and the Police as this appears to be a matter that might come under Section 41 of the Administration of Justice Act and the Freedom from Harassment Act which makes it a criminal offence to harass, intimidate or embarrass anyone for a debt that has not been awarded by the Courts.

Comment

• Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to forum, desperately need help with a DCA! WON!!

Originally posted by basil010 View Post
          Regarding the formal notice of Bankruptcy, the DCA has no rights whatsoever to issue Bankruptcy proceedings, this can only be done by the Creditor who presumably is the Landlord.
          If the Grandmother gets issued with a Statutory Demand (Section 6.1 is the correct form), then she needs to Apply to her local County Court for Bankruptcy to have it "Set Aside". This has to be done within 21 days of the service of the Statutory demand upon the Grandmother. (If it was sent through the post and they try to proceed with a Bankruptcy Petition you will have an argument that the Statutory Demand was never served upon the Grandmother.
          It is very dangerous for anyone to issue a Statutory Demand against an individual if the Courts have not already issued a Judgement in favour of the Claimant as if it was Set Aside then whoever issued it would be laible for the costs of the hearing. I would therefore presume that this is a threat of some sort in order to try and frighten the Respondent (the Grandmother) into paying the money, although the use of a Statutory demand to as a debt collection tool is not allowed, it is for Insolvency. Do not pay any money to the D.C.A. as there is no legal authority for a D.C.A. to actually collect any debt unless they have purchased it themselves. You should also report the D.C.A. to the OFT and the Police as this appears to be a matter that might come under Section 41 of the Administration of Justice Act and the Freedom from Harassment Act which makes it a criminal offence to harass, intimidate or embarrass anyone for a debt that has not been awarded by the Courts.
          Hi Basil

The Statutory Demand WAS successfully challenged and set aside last week.

The creditor is playing hide and seek.........
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

And NG Collections seems not even to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
              The creditor was playing at Silly Buggers...
              I've fixed your post for you. :rofl:

Comment

Just goes to show how powerful the LB and Watsons team are. Bit like Batman and Robin

Well done on your victory xxxx

Comment

I'm extremely pleased that it is all over and done with, not only for myself, but for everyone who has helped out on this thread. It feels like a well deserved and entirely shared victory, so well done to everyone. Specifically, Celestine, Freepost and of course the superhuman-like CleverClogs. Without all your leg/camera work I fear this would have been a much more difficult case to win. From the the very bottom of not just my heart, but my girlfriends heart and her grandmothers heart, a huge thank you and three cheers for CleverClogs!

Comment

And Thank you Debt Dispute for such a lovely review x
                    http://www.solicitor.info/solicitors...licitorreviews

It made me feel very proud to play a role in setting aside rip off statutory demands
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Awwwwww........bless the Cloggied One.....under that jocular hooligan persona beats a heart of pure granite....I mean gold msl:

Comment

And Thank you Debt Dispute for such a lovely review x
                        http://www.solicitor.info/solicitors...licitorreviews

It made me feel very proud to play a role in setting aside rip off statutory demands
                        I see that page is full of glowing reviews! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Watsons are indeed a five star firm!

Comment

Originally posted by debtdispute View Post
                          I'm extremely pleased that it is all over and done with, not only for myself, but for everyone who has helped out on this thread. It feels like a well deserved and entirely shared victory, so well done to everyone. Specifically, Celestine, Freepost and of course the superhuman-like CleverClogs. Without all your leg/camera work I fear this would have been a much more difficult case to win. From the the very bottom of not just my heart, but my girlfriends heart and her grandmothers heart, a huge thank you and three cheers for CleverClogs!
                          You are really too kind, for it is my genuine and sincere pleasure to offer such help as I can, poor and inadequate as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                            Awwwwww........bless the Cloggied One.....under that jocular hooligan persona beats a heart of pure granite....I mean gold msl:
                            I am sure you were right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              You are really too kind, for it is my genuine and sincere pleasure to offer such help as I can, poor and inadequate as it was.
                              Seriously, those photos were crucial. Did you see the Google map images? They were awful, one even had a van obscuring the view of the premises!! To have performed such due diligence, clearly impressed the judge on the day.

Comment

Seriously, those photos were crucial. Did you see the Google map images? They were awful, one even had a van obscuring the view of the premises!! To have performed such due diligence, clearly impressed the judge on the day.
                                If you ever need someone to take pics somewhere in Kent do let me know, photography is one of my fave hobbies and I've got a nice DSLR! hoto: hoto: hoto:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X