• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bankruptcy paperwork confusion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bankruptcy paperwork confusion?

hi ive been advised that you can only get the bankruptcy forms online but they seem very short is this correct?
    and on the income it asks about other income - do i state the tax credits that go into my wifes account? as they are based on my earnings?(not working tax cred)-which i assume would make them a joint claim?

finaly does anyone know the amount of money you are allowed for food per adult and per child please?
    Tags: None

Re: bankruptcy paperwork confusion?

Occasionally a court will give you printed copies, but now due to moneysaving measure most will insist you download and print.

Yes, the other income is where things like that go. Put the source and purpose and who's it is. If you run out of room in any section do not be afraid to add a note and use s13 at the end of the forms to add any continuations or notes.

However, remember that the forms are just a summary for a judge, and a starting point and initial data for the OR. When the OR looks at your budget properly you should have a chance to explain or expand on things.

The Official Receiver has national average expenditure figures they can compare against, but they are not 'guidelines' per se, and should not be treated as a maximum or minimum.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...agreements-ipa

Also useful: https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/ipaipo.asp

Comment

but does anyone have experiance in how much to claim for food?

Comment

National average values for "housekeeping, including food and cleaning" is given in the tables in the link I provided.

However, basically you put down what you actually use, or would/will use once you are free of the debt burden. Many people underspend or scrimp on reasonable figures while they are in debt, so while you must not overestimate you must also not leave yourself with a sub-standard. It needs to be reasonable and sustainable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X