• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very confused - Bankrupt - trustee applying to reposess home - HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very confused - Bankrupt - trustee applying to reposess home - HELP

[MENTION=51383]Hopfarm[/MENTION] I was wandering if you was going to post again, trust me i fully understand how down and in despair you are. Been there, i had kids, never borrowed, mine was for council tax, mine went from 2500 to 240k In that process, i lost possesion ( 2009 ) got evicted ( 2011 ) but i carried on fighting, and turned it around beinging in 2011-12 by getting the information from the trustee that i recommended that you get.

Then you can use the court to try defend your asset. Have you had chance to do any of the paperwork i suggested. if you have post up regular whats going on.

If your fighting and not giving up, i will put some proper time into this.

I dont want to give you false hope, the situation is serious, but, i fought similar curcs, i know what i did wrong at times, i know i wasted some time over inconsequential things, but i learnt to fight. I was given some unofficial advice from a high court judge, on how to frame my argument for the court, that s what you need to do.

I sugest do what i said above, and think of how you may possibly settle it.

1. Get the costs reduced and deal with the debt ( courts the route for that )
    2. Prep a good fight, show it to the trustee, make an offer that make it not worth him fighting.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thank you for a glimmer of hope, have had a breakdown of costs from the trustee now at £66,000 solicitor advised order of sale and possesion being processed on 25th February , going to try and put house on the market myself , got estate agents coming round tommorow to value my property . Spoke to a legle person they said private sale was the best route , this may enable me to reduce some of the fees (including £12500 Secretary of State fees ) really struggling to carry on . My work colleagues have no idea but it is so ,so hard to keep going , my children don't know they are going to loose the house they have grown up in and I have no idea where we will end up ( I have a big car ) how can this be allowed to happen ! Wondering if it's worth going on , won't sleep tonight , so down .

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
      @Hopfarm I was wandering if you was going to post again, trust me i fully understand how down and in despair you are. Been there, i had kids, never borrowed, mine was for council tax, mine went from 2500 to 240k In that process, i lost possesion ( 2009 ) got evicted ( 2011 ) but i carried on fighting, and turned it around beinging in 2011-12 by getting the information from the trustee that i recommended that you get.

Then you can use the court to try defend your asset. Have you had chance to do any of the paperwork i suggested. if you have post up regular whats going on.

If your fighting and not giving up, i will put some proper time into this.

I dont want to give you false hope, the situation is serious, but, i fought similar curcs, i know what i did wrong at times, i know i wasted some time over inconsequential things, but i learnt to fight. I was given some unofficial advice from a high court judge, on how to frame my argument for the court, that s what you need to do.

I sugest do what i said above, and think of how you may possibly settle it.

1. Get the costs reduced and deal with the debt ( courts the route for that )
      2. Prep a good fight, show it to the trustee, make an offer that make it not worth him fighting.

Comment

Right.

Some angles to explore. you only have a few days to get things ready, I suggest you consider a few angles

1. The original debts

If you are going to challenge the trustees costs, a good way to start is find fault in the debts, and reduce them. Some of the other posters on here have lots of experience in dealing with some of the companies you mention. to do this, your going to need to dig out as much of the origional paperwork, and give as much detail as you can to some of the others on here. If you get the paperwork together, cover up your personal details,

2. work out, all possible scenarios of paying the debt, that are reasonable. from best to worse

Worse, ( most costly and inconvenient ) trustee sells house after evicting you ( ie you dont do anything )
        Best case scenario - You get debts and costs to a manageable level, and make an acceptable offer of terms to the trustee. ( your at a late stage for this )

The trustee is not going to go willingly in this direction if there is any asset in your house after mortgagee (£ 200k ). and it may depend on a few things, are you currently managing your morgagee payments.
        Last edited by Crazy council; 20th February 2015, 00:50:AM. Reason: re read
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X